Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fall Update Drops Next Week, Adds Halloweeny Fun
October is nearly upon us, there’s a bit of a chill in the air, and Animal Crossing: New Horizons is preparing to drop it’s next big free update! As you would expect, the upcoming Fall Update mostly focuses on Halloween, allowing players to grow pumpkins, craft spooky decorations, and go trick-or-treating on the day itself! Check out an eerie trailer for the update, below.
- Growing Pumpkins – Deck out your home and island for all your awesome autumnal occasions by first purchasing pumpkin starts in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once your pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
- Prepare for Halloween – Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming to your island. With the big day just around the corner, you can start stocking up on candy early. Find your style for Halloween night by purchasing costumes, like a mage’s dress, at the Able Sisters shop during the month of October. You can even procure body paint and colored eye contacts by exchanging Nook Miles. You'll also be able to learn Halloween DIY projects from your fellow residents. On Halloween night, your neighbors will be getting in the holiday spirit with costumes of their own.
- Halloween Night Celebrations – When Halloween night arrives on Oct. 31, after 5 p.m., neighbors will gather in the plaza, which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. You’ll also receive a visit from a mysterious guest, Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, you’ll earn spooky in-game rewards. Be sure to save some candy for your neighbors, too, or you might get pranked! Luckily, you can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express your feelings of fear.
- Revisiting Dreams – The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this summer. Now, you'll be able to easily revisit dreams from a list, making it even easier to visit some of your favorite islands.
- NookLink App Update – The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app is also receiving an update in early October. With the update, you’ll be able to use your smart device to perform Reactions in the game. How about trying it out for this occasion to let your island visitors know exactly how you feel about their mischievous tricks and treats?
Are you still upset that you didn’t manage to get your hands on the Animal-Crossing-themed Switch released earlier this year? Well, Nintendo has announced the oh-so-cute system is heading back to stores, so keep an eye out!
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is available now on Nintendo Switch. The Fall Update drops on September 30. Nintendo has also confirmed a Christmassy update is coming in November.