After much waiting, screenshots and leaks, true to its word, Samsung has started rolling out Android Lollipop updates for the Samsung Galaxy S5. As expected, the rollout is starting gradually, with users in Poland becoming the lucky first to receive Android Lollipop for their Galaxy S5 smartphones. So if you're in Poland, and own the SM-G900F model of the Samsung Galaxy S5, you're in luck, since the update should have become available for your device. But there's more good news. All users of the Galaxy S5 SM-G900F can download and install Android Lollipop on their devices, and we'll show you below how to do that.
Android Lollipop For The Samsung Galaxy S5 Rolls Out - Download And Install By Following Instructions Below.
So if you're an owner of the SM-G900F Samsung Galaxy S5, you can download and install Google's latest software update on your device in a few quick and easy steps. Take a look below.
- Download and install ODIN on your PC. Click here to download ODIN.
- Download Android Lollipop firmware from here.
- Make sure to completely back your device up before proceeding. Also make sure that your Galaxy S5 is amply charged prior to the process.
- Also make sure that Samsung's Android USB drivers are installed on your PC.
- After you're done downloading the file above, extract its contents to an easily accessible folder.
- Run odin and click on the AP button. Head over to the folder you extracted the firmware to and select the PDA file. Also make sure to uncheck the Re-partition option.
- Power off your Galaxy S5, and reboot the device by pressing the Home, Power and Volume buttons simultaneously.
- Once the boot screen opens, let go of the buttons and connect your device to your PC using your USB cable.
- After ODIN detects your device, click on the Start button, to make ODIN start to flash Android Lollipop on your phone.
And voila. You have just become one of the first to install Android Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy S5. Let us know how it worked out in the comments section.