AMD Ryzen Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard Unboxed
The first ever unboxing and preview of the Asus Crosshair VI motherboard for AMD’s upcoming Ryzen has been published. This is one of the highest end motherboards that Asus will have available on day one of Ryzen’s launch.
The Crosshair VI Hero feature a monochromatic color scheme to match any custom color scheme builders are going for. Power delivery is provided by an ROG exclusive high quality 8+4 phase digital VRM design. We can see a beefy 12 phase Digi+ PWM design. In terms of storage, the motherboard comes with 8 SATA 6 Gb/s ports and a single M.2 slot.
ASUS AM4 X370 Crosshair VI Hero – Unboxing & Preview
ASUS AM4 X370 Crosshair VI Hero Features:
- Isolated DAC & AMP 8-channel audio design featuring the latest S1220A Codec and ROG exclusive SupremeFX audio.
- One M.2 SSD slot.
- 8 USB 3.1 Ports (rear I/O).
- 4 USB 2 Ports (rear I/O).
- Front USB 3.1 header.
- 8 SATA 3 6Gb/s.
- Customizable RGB Lighting with 2 LED headers
- 2 way SLI and 3 way CrossFire
- Auto and manual overclocking support
- Built in AC Wi-Fi
AMD Ryzen On The Desktop – Overclocking & Chipsets
- All Ryzen CPUs will be multiplier unlocked and ready for overclocking right out of the box. There will be no locked Ryzen CPUs.
- AMD’s X370, X300 and even mid-range B350 chipsets support overclocking. Only AM4’s entry-level A320 and A300 chipsets lack this feature. AMD explains that this is because A320 and A300 chipsets are designed to go into entry-level motherboards that would inherently be unsuitable for overclocking due to component and cost limitations.
- Ryzen CPUs will come in different configurations with varying core counts. The highest core count parts will have eight cores and support sixteen threads.
- Ryzen will launch closer to the middle of Q1 or early Q1 rather than the end of Q1. AMD wouldn’t give us a specific date but sometime in February is a good bet.
- AM4 compatible aftermarket air and liquid cooling solutions will be available on day one.
Ryzen compatible AM4 socket motherboards will come in four different chipset flavors. The X370 chipset is the high-end enthusiast focused contender with the latest and greatest technology and the most robust set of features. The B350 is the mid-range chipset where users will be able to get a lot of functionality and versatility at a more attractive price point. The A300 chipset is the entry-level chipset for more budget constrained computer builds.
AMD Ryzen AM4 Motherboards & Chipsets
|PCIe 3 Lanes||24||24||TBA||TBA|
|PCIe 2 Lanes||8||6||TBA||TBA|
|USB 3.1 Gen2||2||2||TBA||TBA|
|USB 3.1 Gen1||8||4||TBA||TBA|
|Form Factor||ATX||ATX, M-ATX||M-ATX, Mini-ITX||Mini-ITX|
All AMD AM4 Motherboards That Have Been Pictured To Date
|AMD Ryzen CPU||Cores/Threads||L3||TDP||Base||Turbo||XFR||Price|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1800X||8/16||16MB||95W||3.6GHz||4.0GHz||4.0GHz+||$489|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1800 Pro||8/16||16MB||65W||TBA||TBA||N/A||TBA|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1700X||8/16||16MB||95W||3.4GHz||3.8GHz||3.8GHz+||$389|
|AMD Ryzen 7 1700||8/16||16MB||65W||3.0GHz||3.7GHz||N/A||$319|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1600X||6/12||16MB||95W||3.3GHz||3.7GHz||3.7GHz+||$259|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1600||6/12||16MB||65W||TBA||TBA||N/A||TBA|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1500||6/12||16MB||65W||3.2GHz||3.5GHz||N/A||$229|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1400X||4/8||8MB||65W||3.5GHz||3.9GHz||3.9GHz+||$199|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1400||4/8||8MB||65W||TBA||TBA||N/A||TBA|
|AMD Ryzen 5 1300||4/8||8MB||65W||3.2GHz||3.5GHz||N/A||$175|
|AMD Ryzen 3 1200X||4/4||8MB||65W||TBA||3.4GHz||3.8GHz||$149|
|AMD Ryzen 3 1200||4/4||8MB||65W||TBA||TBA||N/A||TBA|
|AMD Ryzen 3 1100||4/4||8MB||65W||3.2GHz||3.5GHz||N/A||$129|