AMD Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Adds Overwatch, Dota 2 Vulkan API & Total War: Warhammer Support; Some Fallout 4 & The Division Crossfire Issues Fixed
AMD has released their new Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 which adds support and Crossfile profiles for Blizzard’s Overwatch and Total War: Warhammer. Aditionally, the new driver adds support for Dota 2 with the Vulkan API.
Blizzard’s multiplayer shooter, Overwatch, is out due today and AMD’s new Crimson driver adds support alongside a Crossfire profile for the highly anticipated title. Total War: Warhammer is also released today, and AMD’s 16.5.3 driver also adds a Crossfire profile and support for this epic title from developer Creative Assembly.
Check out the release notes down for the 16.5.3 driver down below:
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.3 Highlights
- Support for:
- Total War: Warhammer™
- Dota™2 (with Vulkan™ API)
- New AMD Crossfire profile available for:
- Total War: Warhammer™
- Fallout 4™ may experience minor stuttering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode
- Radeon Settings may be removed from the system if the Radeon Software installer is launched while Radeon Settings is open.
- Radeon Settings "Additional Settings" option may intermittently fail to launch.
- Users in Quad AMD Crossfire technology configurations may be unable to re-enable AMD Crossfire mode when using the global AMD Crossfire option in the "Gaming" tab and toggling it from on to off.
- Some game textures in The Division™ exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire™ mode.
- Intermittent stability issues with Intel Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK) using AMD XConnect™ Technology are no longer observed.
- Safe unplugging for AMD XConnect™ Technology no longer results in a random BSOD.
A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
Total War: Warhammer™ may experience stuttering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode if the AMD Gaming Evolved App or Plays.Tv is running in the background. A workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved and Plays.Tv applications.
The Division™ may hang when using Quad AMD Crossfire™ technology. As a workaround users are recommended to disable AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
Heroes of the Storm™ may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
The AMD Crossfire™ technology mode options in Radeon Settings may not take effect on Origin or Uplay applications.
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™ may exhibit brightness flickering when using AMD FreeSync™ technology.
Frame Rate Target Control gaming profiles may fail to enable for some games.
Catalyst Install Manager unable to detect the display driver while uninstallation.
Interesting to note is that AMD’s new driver also adds support for the Vulkan API within DOTA 2. Vulkan support for DOTA was mentioned last week when a Valve employee confirmed support for the API within DOTA 2 on Reddit.
The Crimson Edition 16.5.3 also seems to fix stuttering and flickering issues for several games in Crossfire mode. This includes Fallout 4 and the Division.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter