Action RPG Vikings – Wolves of Midgard Brings You to Ragnarok in Early 2017
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard, an Action RPG based on Norse mythology, was announced today by developer Games Farm and publisher Kalypso Media.
The main character will be the clan chief of Ulfung, the Wolves of Midgard. Following the destruction of their village, these Viking warriors decide to stand against the foul Jotan, hordes of terrifying undead monstrosities and countless other beasts of Ragnarok.
Vikings – Wolves of Midgard will offer you the chance to play co-op mode alongside a friend online. Other than the regular Story Mode (which includes a New Game + option), there’s also a special challenge mode called ‘Trials of the Gods’ that rewards the best warriors with special equipment and runes.
- Fantasy Meets Nordic Mythology: Travel the realms of earthly Midgard, freezing Niflheim and boiling Balheim, either as a fierce Viking warrior or merciless shieldmaiden.
- The Deadly Fimbulwinter: Withstand the deathly colds and protect yourself from exposure to nature’s wrath in order to survive.
- Tribute to the Gods: Collect blood from fallen enemies and sacrifice it at the altar to gain gifts from the Gods to enhance your powers.
- Berserker Rage: Let your anger take hold by activating Rage Mode to overwhelm your enemies in bloodthirsty combat.
- The art of combat: Perfect your skills with each weapon to unlock their true potential, including swords, bows and spell-powered canes.
- The Power of the Gods: Make the abilities of the Gods your own by equipping power-infused amulets, like the Talismans of Thor or Loki. Put your new skills to the test by competing in the Trials of the Gods to earn further rewards.
- Teamwork: Team up with a friend and journey to the Shores of Midgard together in an epic two player online co-op mode. Choose between four difficulty levels to suit your skills and talents. Do you dare attempt the unrelenting hardcore mode?
- The Clan of Wolves: Restore and rebuild your village and lead your clan to glory. Upgrade buildings such as weaponsmith, armourer, runesmith, and mead hall to unlock more content and better equipment.
- Legendary Weapons: Gather the scattered fragments of mythical weapons and armors to take on the most fearsome creatures of the realms.
- A Class of its Own: Become even more powerful in the next life by attempting New Game+, and push your Viking warrior or shieldmaiden to their limit.
- Destructible Environments: Utilize your surroundings by burying your foes under falling rocks or pushing them off high cliffs.
Vikings – Wolves of MIdgard will be available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One early next year. If you plan to attend Gamescom you may play it on the Kalypso Media consumer stand (Hall 8.1 – C 40); otherwise, you can take a look at some gameplay in the video below.