Acer's Aspire 7 is on sale on Newegg.com for an astonishingly low $849.99.
The Acer Aspire 7 is on sale for 29% off ( which takes a total of $350 off) the original price of $1,199.99.
This deal is only available on Newegg and makes this i7 - 8750H based laptop much more affordable compared to other laptops with similar components.
The Acer Aspire 7 includes:
- i7 - 8750H CPU
- This CPU chip is based on the 14nm architecture, and with that has 6 cores and a total of 12 threads with hyperthreading enabled (meaning 2 logical cores or threads per 1 physical core).
- The CPUs base frequency is 2.20 GHz which is not bad for a mobile processor but does outdo itself by having a boost frequency of 4.10 GHz. This will make this laptop able to play most CPU intensive games very easily compared to a lower end CPU.
- This CPU does come with Intel® UHD Graphics 630, which while not the best would make some lower-end games playable.
- GeForce GTX 1060 6 GDDR5
- Acer packed a full GTX 1060 into a laptop just to make sure you get the best performance per dollar
- The GTX 1060 is an amazing budget card that can still handle many games at 60 Hz with medium-high settings (depending on the game itself).
- This card is powered by the older Pascal architecture, so there aren't any tensor cores and as such, any software RayTracing will come at a heavy hit to the performance from the card itself.
- 16GB of RAM
- The RAM is listed as DDR4 which runs at the speed of 2400 MHz per the specification page on Newegg.com
- One HDMI 2.0 output
- One USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port
- which supports up to 5GB per second
- One USB 3.0 Port
- which supports Power-off Charging
- Two USB 2.0 Ports
- The back of this laptop shows that there are specific compartments, which allow the user to upgrade the laptop. This allows for the RAM (which supports a total 32GB) to be upgraded and allows for the 2.5 SSD to be upgraded from the back of the laptop as well.
At the current offering of $849.99, this 17-inch laptop is a deal offering both a full GTX 1060 and an i7 (from the 8th generation).