About 80% of PS4 Owners Have Never Played an Uncharted Game, Says Naughty Dog
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is only hours away from being released for the North American players and the developer responsible for the most cherished PlayStation exclusive action-adventure franchise has revealed it has high hopes for the upcoming game that combines the three PlayStation 3 blockbuster Nathan Drake adventures in one package. g Naughty Dog believes the remastered collection of games will make a huge difference and prove to be a massive success, keeping in mind the fact that 80 percent of PlayStation 4 owners have never played an Uncharted game.
Naughty Dog Expects Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection to Prove as Successful as The Last of Us Remastered
Before all the previously released Uncharted games are presented to PlayStation 4 players in glorious 1080p resolution with 60 frames per second in form of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, Naughty Dog spoke with MCV explaining the reasons that made up the team’s mind for creating a collection pack. The Nathan Drake Collection, according to Naughty Dog’s community strategist Eric Monacelli, could prove as massively popular as the developer’s last triple-A remastered title, which claimed three chart top spots and became the fifth-biggest release of the year to date. Monacelli said:
"I do, personally, expect the Uncharted Collection to do as well as The Last of Us Remastered. Company-wide, our studio loves it. They set the bar at [the studio porting the games to PS4] Bluepoint and did a really good job with everything – adding new features and making sure that everything looks good. So, yeah, our expectations are high for it. We hope it does quite well.”
One of the reasons Monacelli believes that led the team to remaster the three of the most appealing exclusive last-gen games was that the developer had done a lot of research and found that about 20% PlayStation 4 gamers have played the series, the other 80% have never played an Uncharted game. He clarified that the team wanted to create an Uncharted remaster as well after working on The Last of Us Remastered, knowing there are many that would once again enjoy reliving Nathan Drake’s audacious adventures.
“We did a lot of research and discovered that about 80 per cent of the people that own a PS4 have never played Uncharted, period. That was one of the reasons why we thought remastering it would be a good idea. The other reason is we decided we wanted to do it; especially when we got The Last of Us Remastered done, we thought 'Oh man, this would be cool if we could go back'.”
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection may have only secured a 79% "anticipation level" in Nielsen's recent ranking of most anticipated games of Holiday 2015, but it seems like millions of PlayStation 4 are eagerly waiting to get their hands on the remastered collection of games. Note that The Nathan Drake Collection which includes single-player campaigns for Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, was developed not Naughty Dog itself but by Bluepoint Games. So, we are yet to see how it will perform on Sony’s latest console.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter