Faster and Brighter iPod touch Released – A8 Chip, 8MP Camera, and 128GB Storage
Following the reports earlier this morning that Apple was going to release 6th generation of its iPod touch, Cupertino tech manufacturer has just released the new iPod lineup.
Brighter and faster - 2015 iPod touch launched!
Apple Store was officially taken down earlier this morning ahead of this expected launch. We had already shared with you that the 2015 iPod touch was going to sport a faster 64-bit A8 processor among other major improvements under the hood. A8 CPU for 2015 iPod touch lineup finally brings the cheapest iOS device in line with its more advanced and faster iPhone and iPad cousins. Remember, this update comes after some 3 years. iPod was last updated back in 2012 which is the reason why the device stayed outdated for quite sometime with an A5 processing unit.
Not only the processor but the new iPod also gets 8-megapixel iSight camera unit with an improved front camera. Primary shooter is now capable of shooting pictures in burst mode and recording slow-mo videos at 120fps. Here are all the 2015 iPod touch specs:
- Major camera upgrade from 5 megapixels to 8 megapixels bringing iPod on par with iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2.
- Faster 64-bit A8 processing unit which is an upgrade from A5 SoC.
- Motion "M" co-processor for tracking steps, elevation and more.
- Retains the display size at 4-inches and resolution at 1136 x 640.
- New 128GB storage variant now offered for $399.
- 16 GB base model available for $199.
- 1GB of RAM.
- Powered by iOS 8.4 including Apple Music.
2015 iPod touch storage options:
If you are interested in buying the latest 6th gen iPod touch, you can do so right now from Apple.com. Improved specs, better camera, increased storage option - you certainly would love the 2015 iPod touch update. Storage options include:
2015 iPod touch is available in space gray, red, silver, pink, blue, and gold color choices.