16 Years Later, Baldur’s Gate Gets Another Expansion Pack
Perhaps the most iconic isometric RPG of all time, Baldur’s Gate and now Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, is going have it’s story continued, in the form of a brand new expansion pack.
Siege of the Dragonspear, taking place between Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2, coming soon with 25+ hours of enjoyment.
This expansion will continue the Bhaalspawn story, explaining the events between the first two Baldur’s Gate games and setting the stage for future events. Take control of a spirit summoning Shaman class to help vanquish your enemies and enjoy new items and weapons to equip your party with.
This isn’t just going to be a content expansion, either, but will include a revamped UI for a more updated and modern look, taking advantage of what the Infinity Engine has to offer. That also means that there are going to be some fantastically hand-painted new areas to explore with a very vibrant visual style.
And if you’re truly feeling adventurous, you might want to try the cross-platform multi-player functionality. That’s right, you’ll be able to play with friends that have Baldur’s Gate: Siege of the Dragonspear on iOS and Android when it comes out. The expansion pack will be coming “soon”.
And below are some of the great features you can enjoy, all in shiny easy to read bullets (Source).
- Expand Your Story: Explore new areas, fight new monsters, and win new rewards in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. Continue the adventure by exporting your game to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- The Crusade Rises: A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe
- Explore the Sword Coast: Venture through vibrant new hand-painted areas in the classic style of the original Baldur’s Gate
- Gather Your Party: The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness – along with Neera, Rasaad, Dorn, and four new additions!
- To Infinity and Beyond: Updated UI and improved Infinity Engine features
- Extra Class: New items, quests, and a new class: the spirit-calling shaman!
- Venture Forth With A Friend: Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms
- Story Mode: A difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens