11 steps to Upgrade Windows 10 from Windows 7 (Bonus: Magical Coupon Grants 90% off for software keys )
Ethics disclaimer: This is a paid-for, sponsored post. We collect no commission on sales.
In January 2020, Microsoft will formally end “extended support” for Windows 7. This means that users won’t receive any updates from Microsoft, and companies have to pay extra for the next three years if they want them.
Are you still running Windows 7? It's time to upgrade to Windows 10. Here are the instructions that you'll need to keep files and apps without issues.
To successfully upgrade to Windows 10, you’ll also need to be running the latest version of your current operating system, in this case “Windows 7 Service Pack 1”. If you don’t have this update already installed, you can download it here.
Quick tip: You can check which version of Windows you’re running by opening the Run command (Windows + R keyboard shortcut), typing winver, and click the OK button.
To upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, you’ll need a valid Windows 10 product key, as you can’t any longer use a Windows 7 product key.
If you don’t know how to get a genuine keys, or current costly official price of windows 10 hold you back, we would like to introduce you to GoodOffer24, an Online Selling Platform that stands out for its highly competitive prices in well-known Software, such as Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 2019 and more, down to 1/10th of the original price.
Deals & Discounts – Windows 10 and more!
In view of Windows 7's end of life, we have prepared a Special Selection just for you, with Microsoft Windows 10 products in highlight! Grab the opportunity to upgrade your Computer for a reasonable price and enjoy your extra 25% discount with the following coupon "JGM25". Check out the prices after the reduction:
- WINDOWS 10 PRO PROFESSIONAL CD-KEY (32/64 BIT) AT $11.38
- Windows 10 Pro Professional CD-KEY (32/64 Bit) (2 PC) AT $19.50
- MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 PRO PROFESSIONAL PLUS CD-KEY (1 PC) AT $28.19
- WINDOWS 10 PRO + OFFICE 2016 PRO –BUNDLE AT $33.69
- Windows 10 Home OEM CD-KEY (32/64 Bit) AT $11.87
- Windows 10 Home + office 2016 Pro - Bundle At $31.92
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC AT $13.29
Microsoft Windows 10 + Office 2019 Bundles – up to 30% OFF!
If you happen to need a Microsoft Office suite to go with your new Windows 10, GoodOffer24 has some great Bundles on offer! As always, you can get an additional 30% discount on the already low prices. Simply use the following coupon "JGO24OFFICE2019" when ordering and watch the price drop a bit more:
- WINDOWS 10 PRO + OFFICE 2019 PRO - BUNDLE AT $61.48
- Windows 10 Home + Office 2019 Pro - Bundle AT $52.14
How to create a full backup of Windows 7
Although, Microsoft has been improving the upgrade process with Windows 10, there are always chances that the upgrade will fail, and to avoid any problems, you should make sure to have a full backup of your system that you can use to roll back if anything happens. Luckily, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 come with the System Image Backup tool to create a backup of your entire computer.
How to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10
Before starting the upgrade process, it’s recommended that you uninstall any software, such as antivirus, security software, and old third-party applications that may prevent you from successfully upgrading to Windows 10.
You should also disconnect any hardware connected to your computer, including printer, phone, camera, external hard drive, and other USB peripherals. Sometimes connected devices can be the reason why your system fails during the upgrade.
Use these steps to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7:
- Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft.(Quick tip: If you have an older version of Internet Explorer, you probably won’t be able to access the Microsoft download website. If this is your case, you’ll need to use another web browser like Google Chrome)
- Click the Download tool now button and save the installer on your device.
- Double-click the MediaCreationTool.exe to launch the Windows 10 setup wizard.
- Click Accept to the licensing agreement.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option to download the files and begin the upgrade.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter a valid Windows 10 product key for the edition you’re trying to upgrade (if applicable).
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Accept button to agree to the licensing agreement again.
- Select the Keep personal files and apps option.
- Click the Install button.
After the installation completes, you’ll need to go through the easy out-of-box-experience (OOBE) to finish setting up Windows 10, and then you’ll once again see your familiar desktop and every new feature included with Windows 10.