New test results of Intel’s Upcoming Sandy Bridge-EP based Xeon E5-2680 processor have been unveiled by a member over at ChipHell Forums. The Intel Sandy Bridge-EP processors are expected to launch during Q2 2012 for the server market, The launch lineup would consist of the following processors:
The Xeon E5-2680 was an engineering sample with C0 stepping, It features 8 Cores/16 Threads, 20Mb of L3 Cache and a 130W TDP Design. Stock clock frequency is set at 2.70Ghz, The CPU would cost around $1700 when released.
The CPU was tested on the ASUS Sabertooth X79 Motherboard equipped with Quad Channel G.Skill DRR3 2133Mhz Memory and a Nvidia Quadro 4000 Series Graphic Card. Test Results and Pictures below:
- AID64 Memory Benchmark: 16556MB/s, 11976MB/s, 15548MB/s
- Super Pi 1M: 10.534 seconds
- Fritz Chess Benchmark: 20962 steps per second
- CineBench R11.5 Multithread: 11.63 Points
- CineBench R11.5 Singlethread: 1.25 Points