Intel Haswell Refresh Launching in April instead of May – Haswell-E to Follow in Third Quarter
We have just received word that it will be near the end of the year that Broadwell will make its entry into select laptops while it will be some time before its desktop counterparts appear. However the Haswell Refresh will appear in April of this year (not May) and will be followed soon after by Haswell-E.
Haswell Refresh Coming in April 2014 – Haswell-E to Follow Soon After in Q3
Now I do not have much information as to why Intel decided to put the Refresh Launch ahead of schedule but more efficient Steppings and Revisions are always a plus. There are also reports that state that the X99 Chipset “Wellsburg” will come in the Third Quarter. The Haswell Refresh will have the following main points:
- Basically the first batch of processors will include about 20 SKUs including the Core i7-4790 and 4790S, Core i5-4690, 4590, 4460, 4590S, 4460S, Core i3-4360, 4150T, Pentium G3450 and Celeron G1840. Needless to say the 4790 will be the i7 Flagship and the 4690 will be the i5 Flagship.
- Haswell Refresh Nomenclature will be Haswell Nomenclature +0020 ie i5 4570′s refresh will be i5 4590.
- Most of the SKUs wil get a clock upgrade of 100 Mhz.
- The H97/Z97 motherboards will ship in April.
- The ‘K’ Series Unlocked processors will come somewhere around third quarter;
- Followed by Haswell-E which will also ship in that same approximate time frame. This will be the High End Platform to succeed Ivy Bridge-E
- In the third quarter part of the i5 and i3 Lineup of Ivy Bridge will be discontinued and desisted.
— Usman Pirzada (@usmanpirzada) February 14, 2014