WWE 2K20 will finally fully integrate female superstars into the action, with the ladies getting their own Showcase and being playable in MyCareer. We’ve seen some glimpses of the Four-Horsewomen-focused Showcase, but we haven’t heard much about MyCareer – how will the addition of women wrestlers be handled?
Well, 2K has pulled the curtain back on MyCareer, and it seems we’ll be creating and playing as two characters during MyCareer – one male, one female. The characters are “Red” and “Tre,” two lifelong friends who set out to conquer the world of WWE together. Interestingly, MyCareer actually starts at the Hall of Fame, with Red and Tre reminiscing about how they got there. It looks like some of the steps taken will be rather wacky, with our heroes going through an interdimensional portal to save the Undertaker at one point. No, really. Check out a trailer for the WWE 2K20 MyCareer mode, below.
Well…they’re trying something! The biggest criticism I could level against past WWE 2K career modes, is that they were simply boring. At the very least, this does not look boring. Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect from this year’s MyCareer:
MyCareer At A Glance
- For the first time ever, create both a female and male MyPlayer and take them through MyCareer, playing storylines and matches as each character and occasionally teaming together with the all-new Mixed Tag match feature.
- Unlock WWE Legends, Career specific Superstar attires, original characters and unique environments like “Hell’s Colosseum” and a special New Day themed arena.
- At one point, Red and Tre cross through an interdimensional portal to try to find the Undertaker who hasn’t been seen in years, encountering various surprises along the way.
- MyCareer is fully voiced again, this year featuring performances from nearly over 40 WWE Superstars, NXT Superstars and legends in addition to over 15 original voiced roles. Interact with newly-voiced Superstars such as Ronda Rousey, The New Day, Becky Lynch, Adam Cole, Velveteen Dream, The IIconics, Samoa Joe and more.
- Track Red and Tre’s career progress with “The List” – as teenagers Red and Tre write down all the goals they’d like to someday achieve, which later becomes their road map to success. Can you cross off their final list item and get inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame?
- At certain points in MyCareer, the decisions you make affect the matches Red and Tre compete in, who they team with, and possibly even lead to some alternate outcomes. Explore different choices to see what paths they might lead you down.
- Podcasts are back this year, including “The Buzz and Cole Show” featuring the return of Buzz and Cole Quinn from WWE2K19’s MyCareer.
By the Numbers
- 18 chapters
- Approximately 100 total matches
- Over 2,700 lines of dialogue
- Over 900 lines of new commentary unique to MyCareer matches and cutscenes
- Over 270 cutscenes
- Around 20 hours of total play-through time
- 34 career goals on Red and Tre’s List
- 1 bionic arm
WWE 2K20 throws down on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 on October 22.