Microsoft Releases Windows 10 2020 Preview Build 19002
Microsoft has released a fresh new Windows 10 20H1 Preview Build to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring testing the 2020 edition of the operating system. Windows 10 2020 Insider Preview Build 19002 brings an improved Bluetooth experience along with tons of general fixes.
Microsoft is, however, yet to address the issue that was brought by the last Insider Preview build where some devices got stuck during shutdown or restart. For that particular problem, head over to this forum post for a workaround.
As for everything else, here's the changelog of today's Windows 10 20H1 Build 19002
Update on improving your Bluetooth Experience
With Build 18985 we announced we were working on improving our streamlined workflow for pairing your Bluetooth devices. We’re happy to share that this change is now rolling out to 100% of Insiders–thank you to those that have already tried it and shared feedback!
We also wanted to add two new peripherals to our supported device list:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue that could result in upgrades failing with error 0x8007042b.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the acrylic effect in the Action Center only appearing after the Action Center opening animation had finished.
- We fixed an issue where with multiple monitors and different DPIs, the File Explorer search box could become enlarged and offset.
- We fixed an issue with the search indexer resulting in unexpected files being returned as search results when searching using French (France).
- We fixed an issue for Japanese users where the user name in the Settings header wasn’t displayed in the correct order.
- We fixed an issue resulting in clipboard history, WIN+(Period), and the touch keyboard displaying English text when being used with non-English display languages.
- We fixed a race condition that could result in devices not reconnecting after toggling Bluetooth off and back on.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the VPN sometimes not automatically connecting after waking your device from sleep.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the brightness getting stuck at 0 or 100% and requiring a reboot before it could be changed.
- Text cursor indicator works better in more experiences (e.g. Word, Run dialog, Outlook) now.
- The Magnifier centered text cursor option should now work correctly when switching Magnifier modes.
- We fixed the mouse pointer visual when using the Magnifier docked mode.
- We fixed a bug where Narrator was not saying the state of Scan mode when Edge was opened or closed.
- We fixed a bug in Narrator where Narrator sometimes say password twice when focus was in a password edit field.
- We fixed a bug in Narrator where scan mode was getting stuck in edit fields in Firefox.
- We’ve made some general improvements and bug fixes for the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), please see the WSL release notes for details.
- If you were one of the Insiders experiencing frequent explorer.exe crashes recently, please go to the Microsoft Store and check for Xbox game bar app updates (specifically version 3.34.4xx should have the fix). If you’re on this app version and still seeing explorer.exe crashes, please file feedback and we will investigate.
- Just a heads up that we’re expanding the rollout of the Settings header to more Insiders, so it may now appear for you when it hadn’t before. As always, we welcome feedback about Settings – in the Feedback Hub you can share it under Desktop Environment > Settings.
Head over to the official blog post for more details about known issues at this official blog post.