As it turns out, the placeholder image might have been doctored by a troll leaker.
WB Games Montreal might be about to announce their new game, likely at gamescom, given the proximity of the German event.
It's been a very long time since Batman Arkham Origins, which launched in October 2013 to critical acclaim. Since then, there's been a flurry of rumors on their next project; back in late December 2016, we reported that a Suicide Squad game in production there was canceled while the studio continued working on a new Batman Arkham game starring Damian Wayne, son of Bruce Wayne. However, later rumors suggested their Batman Arkham game is a direct sequel to Origins and will instead focus on Bruce Wayne and Robin (Dick Grayson).
Whatever the case, it seems like we'll learn the truth soon enough. Amazon briefly posted placeholder listings of the new WB Games Montreal game before taking them down. Likely it had been done too soon.
Meanwhile, if you've yet to experience the previous WB Games Montreal game, you can get a PC code of Batman Arkham Origins via Green Man Gaming for €19.99.
- The Arkham Story Begins: Batman: Arkham Origins features a pivotal tale set on Christmas Eve where Batman is hunted by eight of the deadliest assassins from the DC Comics Universe. Players become an early-career Batman as he encounters for the first time many of the characters that shape his future.
- Enhanced Detective Mode: Think like Batman with an all-new Case File system that allows players to analyze seemingly impossible-to-solve crime reconstructions in real time. Combining Batman’s cowl sensors with the Batcomputer, players can digitally recreate crimes and study detailed simulation of the act as it happened.
- Gotham City will learn to fear Batman: Take back the sprawling streets of Gotham years before its transformation into Arkham City. Glide above or battle your way through new and ever more dangerous districts in the quest for justice. Prevent crimes in progress, take down gangs of violent new criminals and explore deadly new locations, from the impoverished streets to the penthouses of Gotham’s wealthy.
- Gotham’s Most Wanted: The city streets are filled with more than just Black Mask’s assassins. Locate and take down Gotham’s most violent and dangerous criminals to earn unique upgrades.
- Lethal New Enemies: Fight new foes such as the Armored Enforcer, the Martial Artist and more – each of which challenge players to approach Batman’s FreeFlow Combat scenarios in different ways. Classic FreeFlow combat is expanded with every new opponent – and with Batman’s abilities to engage them.