Update Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat VRUCNC2 – How to
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 has received its official VRUCNC2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. You can manually update Galaxy Note 10.1 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using this tutorial. This latest KitKat brings in a variety of new features and system improvements to your Android experience.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 10.1 to Android 4.4.2 VRUCNC2:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: This tutorial is only written for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; please make sure your tablet’s model number is SM-P605V and do not attempt this guide on other Android devices / models.
How to update Galaxy Note 10.1 to Android 4.4.2 VRUCNC2 official firmware:
- Install Odin on your computer and launch it.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your tablet with PC; when connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Re-Partition is disabled.
- Click on AP on Odin, locate the .tar.md5 file; check everything and hit the Start button to initiate the update process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, on Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 will then restart and you can then disconnect your device from computer.