Update Galaxy Note 10.1 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXCMC3 – Official
The latest XXCMC3 update for Galaxy Note 10.1 fixes some bugs and increases device's performance. The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean N8000XXCMC3 update can now be installed on Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 Germany devices from KIES or OTA. But if you haven't got it yet or want to manually update your Note then keep following this very simple guide to flash your Note to the latest XXCMC3 update!
Version: Jelly Bean 4.1.2
Important: this tutorial is only for Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000 Germany devices. Please do not try it on other devices.
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy Note 10.1 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXCMC3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 10.1 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Note 10.1 GT-N8000 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Note 10.1 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXCMC3:
- Download the above mentioned packages on your PC but make sure to not extract them.
- Run ODIN v3.07 in your computer.
- Reboot the tablet into Download mode. To enter in the download mode, hold the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously to switch on. When you enter in the download mode, you will see the Android logo on screen.
- Connect your Note 10.1 to the PC using USB cable. When it's connected properly, ODIN will display the COM port number in the ID:COM port.
- Select the downloaded files according to instructions below:
- Click on PDA and select the file with *HOME* or *CODE* in its name.
- Click on Phone and select file with *MODEM* in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- Next, click on CSC and select the file with *CSC* in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- And the last, click the PIT to select file with .pit - ignore if there is no such file in your downloaded folder.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin window. If you are using .pit file (4th step of last point), then also confirm that Re-Partition checkbox is selected as well.
- Click the START button in Odin to start the rooting process.
- The installation will take a good few minutes so be patient. Once installation is completed successfully, you will get a PASS message in the Odin window and your Note 10.1 will automatically reboot.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is now up to date with the latest official XXCMC3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update!