Uncharted 4 Release Date Announced, Special, Libertalia and Digital Deluxe Editions Detailed
Sony has announced that Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will launch on March 18th, 2016. Additionally information regarding the different versions available has been shared, which includes two limited edition versions, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Special Edition and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition, as well as a Digital PlayStation Store exclusive version.
The Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Special Edition ($79.99 USD, $99.99 CAD) will include the following:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Blu-ray Disc
- Collectible Steelbook case designed by Alexander “That Kid Who Draws” Iaccarino
- 48-page hardcover art book by Dark Horse and Naughty Dog
- Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil sticker sheet
- Naughty Dog Points: A pack of in-game currency to unlock various multiplayer content
The Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition ($119.99 USD) will include everything included in the special edition with the additional items listed below:
- A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant
- Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake, and Desert Drake outfits
- Two custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin and Desert Weapon Skin
- Henry Avery Sigil ball cap
- Madagascar Sidekick outfits
The Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99 USD, $99.99 CAD) will be offered from the PlayStation Store, and will be available for pre-order later this week.The Digital Deluxe will include:
- A digital copy of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Uncharted 4 Triple Pack: Includes future access to the first-ever, single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items
- Instant unlock of two multiplayer customization items
Uncharted 4 features real-time custcenes with the same great amount of character detail present at all times
During Sony's Conversation with Creators, Naughty Dog's Anthony Newman, co-lead designer of Uncharted 4, stressed once more that they are using real-time cutscenes for Uncharted 4.
“We’re actually doing real-time cutscenes in Uncharted 4, which is a new step for us,”
“You’re not going to see those black bars that we used to have in between gameplay and cutscenes. That’s going to let us be so much more expressive and really get that seamlessness between the storytelling and the gameplay. Which we already do very well, but it’s going to allow us to take it to that next level.
“That super great-looking Nathan Drake that’s in the cutscenes–that’s going to be the guy you have the whole time. The lighting model is nearly identical. All of that emotion you get across in the cutscenes, you’ll have in gameplay all the time.”
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will release exclusively for the PlayStation 4 on March 18, 2016. We will bring you any new information on Uncharted 4 as soon as it becomes available.