Super Smash Bros Ultimate Patch 1.2.0 Introduces Matchmaking Tweaks, Balance Changes
A new patch has been released a few hours ago for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, bringing improvements to the online mode and more.
The 1.2.0 update tries to address one of the game's biggest issues, online matchmaking. The tweaks introduced in the patch make it so that finding a match with the preferred rules is prioritized. Additionally, the patch also tweaks some offline modes as well as select characters like Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers and others . Catch the full patch notes below.
- Offline Gameplay
- Adjusted difficulty of approaching challengers.
- Online Gameplay
- When matchmaking in Quickplay, the Format setting of your Preferred Rules will be prioritized more. This may cause matchmaking to take more time. Also, there is no guarantee that matchmaking will be done exactly as shown in the set Preferred Rules.
- Increased the stability of the synchronous connection within Battle Arenas.
NOTE: Online features require a Nintendo Switch Online membership.
- Game balance adjustments.
- Various gameplay fixes.
- The following fighters had specific adjustments and changes:
- Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle
Super Smash Bros Ultimate is now available in all regions exclusively on Nintendo Switch.