|Sucker Punch is one of PlayStation’s most talented studios. Having created the Sly Cooper series and the most recent inFAMOUS series for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, Sucker Punch is considered one of Sony’s “platformer trio”, which also includes Naughty Dog, as well as Insomniac Games. inFAMOUS Second Son, remains one of the current generation’s best looking console titles, alongside Ryse Son of Rome, and the more recent, The Order: 1886.
Sucker Punch is creating a new character with unique clothing
A new career opportunity ad, has been made available from Sucker Punch, that reveals the company is searching for a “Pattern Maker”
Sucker Punch is looking for a Pattern Maker to join the Sucker Punch Character Team. The successful candidate will work with Sucker Punch’s Art Director, character art team, and concept team to help design unique clothing lines to help create compelling, believable characters. This is an in-house contracting position.
• Work with the art team to design clothing that can be laid out into patterns for virtual fabrication
• Help ensure that our concepts are informed, functional, and interesting
• Help develop “lines” of fashion that can be efficiently created by our art team
• Strong portfolio showing examples of a wide variety of clothing styles
• Strong portfolio showing examples of designing a line of clothing and/or defining a brand
• Ability to work well with a concept artist
• Experience with GERBER
• Experience with Marvelous Designer
• Experience in Fashion Concept Sketching
• Wide range of experience working with various materials
Even though, it is known that Sucker Punch, is working on a new open world title for the PlayStation 4, it’s unknown whether it will be another iteration of their successful inFAMOUS series, or a completely new IP. Regardless of what it turns out to be, it seems that Sucker Punch is putting a lot of emphasis on the visual style of the new game, so It should be quite a looker.
We will find out more about Sucker Punch’s new game at E3
We will probably know more at E3 later this year, where we could possibly see a reveal of the new game, and hopefully some footage of this potentially exciting wardrobe of the new character. Personally I’m a fan of the inFAMOUS franchise, and I enjoy both the smooth gameplay and the interesting super powers. A new IP could also prove interesting, possibly even more so, than another iteration of the same franchise.
We will bring you any new information regarding Sucker Punch’s new game, as soon as it becomes available,