Star Wars Classics Including Original Battlefront II and Rogue Squadron hit Origin Vault
The Star Wars franchise has a rich video game legacy, but sometimes it can be hard to track down all your favorite games from a galaxy far, far away. Well, EA is making it a little easier, as they’ve just added a dozen classic Star Wars shooters and action games to the Origin Access Vault, including the original Battlefront II, Republic Commando, Rogue Squadron, X-Wing Alliance, Episode I Racer, and more!
Here’s the full rundown of the games hitting the Vault:
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy – Your Jedi training begins as you seek to stop the Disciples of Ragnos. Customize your character, build your lightsaber, and protect the galaxy.
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (Classic, 2005) – For the Republic! Fight for the elite 501st Legion and deploy onto classic battlefronts from across the stars.
- Star Wars Republic Commando – Lead an elite squad of Republic Commandos in this first-person, single-player story set during the Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 3D – Take to the stars as you dogfight in your favorite starfighter against elite Imperial pilots.
- Star Wars - Dark Forces – Go on a covert mission to stop the Empire from building a massive army in this first-person shooter.
- Star Wars Shadows of the Empire – The reign of the Dark Prince Xizor begins in an adventure full of classic Star Wars locales and modes.
- Star Wars X-Wing Alliance – Punch it! Give the Empire everything you’ve got in the Millennium Falcon and take on the second Death Star.
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith – Guide Mara Jade through her apprenticeship as a Jedi Knight. Unlock new powers with the Force and protect the Rebel base from the dark side.
- Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga – Lead real-time strategy battles in the Galactic Civil War and Clone Wars.
- Star Wars Starfighter – Build an uneasy alliance in order to protect a peaceful planet. Deploy vast armies over land, sea, and sky to succeed.
- Star Wars Episode I Racer – Race through unique worlds from the Star Wars galaxy, but watch out for methane lakes, meteor showers, and Tusken Raiders! Now, this is podracing!
- Star Wars Rebellion – Vie for the support of over 200 worlds in this strategy game in order to command the galaxy as you see fit.
Some good stuff in there – I sure killed a lot of time with Episode 1 Racer and Rogue Squadron back in the day! Origin Access is EA’s PC subscription service -- $5 a month, or $30 a year, gets you access to the Vault, which includes a selection of games from EA and other publishers.
In other Star Wars gaming news, EA has confirmed footage will of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will be shown at the EA Play event prior to E3 2019. Get more details here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter