Star Wars Battlefront 2 Droidekas Update Now Live
A new Star Wars Battlefront 2 update, named Where are those Droidekas?, is now live worldwide on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
The new update introduces, among other things, the Droideka as well as the TX-130 as a playable vehicle, a new look for Anakin Skywalker, General Skywalker, and the Naboo map for Capital Supremacy.
You can check out the full Star Wars Battlefront 2 Where are those Droidekas? update notes below.
- Naboo – Theed is now available to play on Capital Supremacy.
- Added the Droideka as a playable character in the Enforcer class in the prequel era.
- Added the TX-130 as a playable vehicle in the Armor class in the prequel era.
- A new appearance for Anakin Skywalker, General Skywalker, is now available to unlock for Credits and Crystals.
- More Clone Trooper appearances are now available (41st Scout Battalion, 212th Recon Division) to unlock for Credits and Crystals.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Improved readability of Front End messages.
- Improved messaging when offers include both emotes and the corresponding voice line.
- Various visual improvements to the Lightsaber blades for all heroes, adding pointed tips and improving their brightness.
- Blaster Heroes can now crouch.
HERO HEALTH STAR CARDS
Community Request: Adjusted the values of Health on Defeat Star Cards to be consistent across all heroes. Heal values upon defeating enemy heroes have been changed:
- Anakin Skywalker’s “Reprisal” Star Card values from 30-60-90-120 to 40-60-80-100
- Count Dooku’s “Rising Power” Star Card values from 50-70-90-110 to 40-60-80-100
- Iden Versio’s “Friend In Battle” Star Card values from 40-50-60-70 to 40-60-80-100
- Rey’s “Survivor” Star Card values from 30-40-50-60 to 40-60-80-100
- Emperor Palpatine’s “Lightning Absorption” Star Card values from 10-15-20-25 to 40-60-80-100
- Adjusted the animation of Yoda’s attacks for speed.
- Fixed an issue for Furious Throw where the lightsaber could get stuck in the AT-TE, E-Web, DF9, Hardcell or AAT vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Maul’s Spin Attack ability continued to affect enemies if Darth Maul died during the animation.
- Anakin is released from the Pull Dominance ability animation sooner.
- Fixed an issue where the Passionate Strike ability would not inflict lightsaber marks on objects.
- Fixed an issue where General Grievous was no longer able to block with the Unrelenting Advance ability, if activated after holding the block button.
- Fixed an issue where enemies could escape Count Dooku’s Expose Weakness by dashing or doing a combat roll.
- Fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s body would slightly shake when performing an emote.
- Fixed an issue where Count Dooku’s right hand thumb was clipping with the hilt of his lightsaber.
- Fixed an issue where the Defensive Rush ability would not inflict lightsaber marks on objects.
- Fixed the delay between the animation of the Defensive Rush and the VFX when attacking an enemy who is blocking.
- Changed “Ground Breaking” Star Card to take effect whenever Chebacca defeats an enemy.
- Change “Friend In Battle” Star Card to take effect whenever Iden defeats an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where Stun Droid had no functionality when used on an enemy who has a tall asset immediately behind them.
- Reduced recharge time of Repulse from 20 seconds to 17 seconds.
- Increased base radius of Repulse from 10 to 12 meters.
- Changed Luke’s Jedi Fighter Stamina drain decrease from 5-6-8-10 to 20-25-30-35.
- Adjusted the animation of Luke’s attacks for speed.
- Fixed an issue where Luke could damage enemies with Rush after dying.
- Fixed an issue where Luke’s fingers were clipping with his lightsaber hilt when performing the Greetings, Exalted Ones emote.
- Fixed an issue where Leia’s hand was clipping with her head whenever she is getting damaged while reloading secondary fire.
- Change “Lighting Absorption” Star Card to take effect whenever Emperor Palpatine defeats an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where Han Solo’s shirt was clipping through his jacket when on low settings.
- Fixed an issue where Darth Vader’s Star Card Fueling the Rage would put the ability on cooldown, when the user eliminated enemies faster than the ability timer would indicate.
- Fixed an issue where Kylo Ren could inflict damage on enemies who are blocking with Lightsabers, when using Pull.
- Changed Beat Down Star Card to take effect whenever Captain Phasma defeats an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where the Staff Strikes ability continues to affect enemies if Captain Phasma is defeated during the animation.
- Removed sprint prevention during Big Deal.
- Fixed an issue where Rey’s Dash Strike ability could be triggered twice before the ability ended.
GAME MODE AND MAP CHANGES
- General: Collision fixes and visual improvements on Jakku, Hoth, Endor, the Dreadnought and in Kashyyyk – Capital Supremacy and Kamino – Capital Supremacy.
CAPITAL SUPREMACY – GROUND PHASE
- Fixed a visual issue where a character’s UI bar Health would widen when boarding a transport in the Ground Phase.
- Fixed an issue where the AI would not fire at a player inside a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where the color would occasionally be different between the hologram and the base of the Command Post when a player joins a match late.
CAPITAL SUPREMACY – CAPITAL SHIPS
- Fixed an issue where background Starfighters could occasionally be seen when inside the capital ships.
- Fixed a visual issue where the name of an enemy that sabotages an objective appeared blue (friendly) in the event log.
- Added defeat volumes to prevent players from remaining stuck in the slide doors that open only for characters of the opposing team.
- Fixed lighting bugs in the Dreadnought hangar ceiling.
- Fixed an issue where the spotlights on the Cooling Room Core ceiling were misplaced.
CAPITAL SUPREMACY – CINEMATICS
- Fixed various issues with rendering of assets caused by server latency.
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to equip Star Cards.
- Removed Resistance Transport Ships from appearing in the first phase on Jakku.
- Added gunners inside the LAAT in the Clone intro for Naboo.
- Fixed an issue where some players had reported noticing distorted texture glitches on level terrain.
- Fixed an issue where the player was able to go outside the playable area by using Boba Fett.
CHANGES TO CLASSES AND SPECIAL UNITS
ENFORCER AND INFILTRATOR
- Changed the text for the Acquisition milestone to mention both Enforcer and Infiltrator classes.
- Reverted changes to the fire rate of the left hand, to fix inconsistencies between the two fire rates.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the chat channel using the mouse, would cause various issues the chat would not open the last used channel.
- Added icons indicating the phases for the Clone Trooper appearances on the Customisation screen.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter