Serious Sam VR Set to Debut on October 17 via Steam Early Access
Croteam and Devolver Digital announced that Serious Sam VR will be available via Steam Early Access on October 17. At first, the game will support only HTC Vive, while Oculus Rift owners will get it upon release of the Oculus Touch controllers.
Croteam intends to try and release the full game by the end of 2016, if possible.
In Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope, players are transported to the first Mental War. Earth's defence forces are crumbling under the hordes of the vicious Mental. He managed to break the will of many nations by destroying the ancient shrines of the domestic people. A fearless EDF general, Sam 'Serious' Stone, is leading the resistance from the Battlecruiser Saratoga in a desperate attempt to save the galaxy.
For the first time, immerse yourself in the universe of Serious Sam – travel the galaxy, meet interesting aliens, and blow the shit out of them all in a mind-blowing, fast-paced, guns-blazin' virtual reality environment. Get into the action immediately after choosing one of several missions, drop in and start wreckin' faces. With new enemies and old favourites, players will pick up and master a variety of increasingly insane weaponry – this is serious business, after all. Use your power ups to navigate your skill tree to be the boldest, biggest and most virtual Sam you can be. Customise or upgrade your gear on the Saratoga battlecruiser in-between missions using in-game currency that has nothing to do with real-world currency.
- All aboard! – Select your mission on the command deck of the batllecruiser Saratoga and get ready to drop down to planet's surface; the action starts immediately!
- The bigger they are – Battle over 2 different planets with multiple levels, ending with 2 different bosses. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, as Sam wades his way through the invading horde using a vast number of guns and power-ups, including his mighty pirate cannon.
- Guns. Lots of guns! - Sam must pick the right weapon for the job – some enemies are tougher, or just different and more resilient to certain type of damage than others – and defend the local populace.
- Mental's hordes – Hordes of enemies, new and old, are pouring over the planets, all across the universe. Sam has already defeated some of them in battle, and knows them all too well. Others will rear their big, ugly head for the first time. Sam will not discriminate.
- Upgrades and Power-ups – Fully equipped armory is at Sam's disposal aboard the battlecruiser 'Saratoga'. Upgrade your gear between the missions.