Screenshots For The New The Walking Dead FPS Revealed
After Activision revealed that Terminal Reality is working on a video game based on AMC's The Walking Dead, there was some hype surrounding the game. This video game will be different than Telltale's The Walking Dead, it will be full fledged first-person shooter. Players will take on the role of Daryl Dixon, character from the hit TV series, The Walking Dead, the game will take place before the events of TV series; We now have some details about the game and two screenshots. Check out the description below;
“Terminal Reality’s The Walking Dead video game takes the undead and brings them out of the TV show and into console gaming systems in a new, terrifying way. The iconic walkers will relentlessly hunt down players like their television counterparts, using a combination of sight, sound and smell. As Daryl, players will need to tread carefully throughout each new area they explore. Once discovered, it doesn’t take much to attract an unstoppable horde of undead walkers, so every threat needs to be assessed, and every situation analyzed. Players will have to choose between whether to stay and fight while risking a gruesome death or using stealth to avoid the undead. No place is truly safe for Daryl as he makes his way through the Georgia countryside in this new, post-apocalyptic world.
Resources are scarce and scattered in The Walking Dead video game, and gamers will have to not only ration supplies, but carefully consider their food, medical needs, ammunition, and other goods as survival in the game is based upon wit and intellect more so than simple, sheer skill. In order to endure this constant state of danger, players will have to do all they can to silence the noises they make and avoid detection. Throughout his journey, Daryl will encounter a slew of other characters that can help or hurt him in a variety of ways, and whether or not they accompany him is completely up to player choice and represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made while fighting to survive.”
The Walking Dead is set to release somewhere in 2013, there isn't any specific release date about the game, but it will be launching on PC,PS3 and Xbox 360. Check out the two latest screenshots and previously released teaser and box arts below;
Here are some details and features about the game;
The Walking Dead brings the authentic, heart-stopping horrors of The Walking Dead to life in a way that’s unlike anything the series has ever seen. Terminal Reality’s upcoming video game is an all-new, first-person, do-whatever-you-need-to-survive game based on AMC’s Emmy award-winning series. In the game, players assume the role of the mysterious, crossbow-wielding survivor Daryl Dixon, alongside his overbearing brother Merle, on a haunting, unforgiving quest to make their way to the supposed safety of Atlanta.
- An engrossing single player campaign that lets players experience the world of The Walking Dead through the eyes of fan-favorite, Daryl Dixon.
- A unique style of gameplay that blends first-person action with resource management for a focus on surviving the undead nightmare.
- Authentic character design and frighteningly realistic animations. Walkers look, move and react to sights, sounds and smells just the way that they do in the hit television show.
- An emphasis on survival – every threat needs to be assessed and every situation analyzed. Players will choose whether to stay and fight while risking a gruesome death or using stealth to avoid the undead. Resources are scarce and scattered; gamers will have to not only ration supplies, but carefully consider their food, medical needs, ammunition, and other goods as survival in the game is based upon wit and intellect more so than simple, sheer skill.
- Decisions matter as Daryl will encounter a slew of characters that can help or hurt him in a variety of ways; whether or not they accompany him is completely up to the player and represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made.
- Terminal Reality’s using their proprietary Infernal Engine and wealth of experience to create an amazing experience for both fans and newcomers alike.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter