ASRock Z690 Taichi / ASRock Z690 PG VelocitaOctober 2021
Price$589.99 US / $469.99 US
ASRock Z690 PG Veloctia Motherboard - Features
Phantom Gaming is back with another round with the ASRock Z690 series. The latest flagship of the PG lineup is the Z690 PG Velocita which carries the traditional red and black color scheme and a list of features that ASRock claims would make this one of the sought-after choices for high-end users for 470 USD.
The product is ASRock's flagship Phantom Gaming product & is also priced at around $500 US so expect it to be spec'd out accordingly, the ASRock Z690 PG Veloctia rocks a 17 (16+1) Phase VRM with 60A Amp Smart Power Stages. Power to the VRM and the CPU socket is provided through a dual 8-pin connector configuration.
ASRock Z690 PG Veloctia Motherboard Features:
- Supports 12th Gen Intel Core Processors (LGA1700)
- 17 Phase SPS Dr.MOS Power Design
- Supports DDR5 6400MHz (OC)
- 1 PCIe 5.0 x16, 1 PCIe 4.0 x16, 1 PCIe 3.0 x16
- 2 PCIe 3.0 x1
- Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
- Realtek ALC1220 7.1 CH HD Audio Codec
- Nahimic Audio
- 6 SATA3
- 1 Blazing M.2 (PCIe Gen5 x4)
- 2 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4)
- 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
- 1 USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Front Type-C
- 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C)
- 10 USB 3.2 Gen1 (6 Rear, 4 Front)
- Killer E3100 2.5G LAN, Intel Gigabit LAN
- Killer AX1675 802.11ax (WiFi 6E) + Bluetooth
- Lightning Gaming Ports
- ASRock Graphics Card Holder
The Z690 PG Veloctia also features support for four DDR5 Rams with speeds of up to 6400+ MHz (OC) and a capacity of up to 128 GB. The board features 6 SATA III ports and a single USB 3.2 Gen 2 front-panel header. Before we talk about I/O and expansion on this motherboard, let's look at the design itself.
The PG Veloctia theme has been carried out over to the Z690 series, rocking a three-tone color scheme that includes red, black, and silver accents. The motherboard features a wide variety of heatsinks that cover the VRM, PCH, and M.2 slots while extended shroud designs are included on top of the I/O and audio PCB. ASRock is also using an active cooling solution on the motherboard which we will look into in detail.
Now coming to the expansion slots, the ASRock Z690 PG Veloctia motherboard features three PCIe slots (1 x Gen 5x16 & 1 x Gen 4x4 & 1 Gen 3x4), two PCIe Gen 3.0x1 slots, and four M.2 slots (1x Gen5x4, 2x Gen 4x4, 1 Gen 3x4), all of which are cooled by heatsinks.
For I/O, you get 2 USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, 6 USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI + DP ports, 2.5G Ethernet LAN port, Intel WiFi 6E (BT 5.2) functionality, and an HD Audio jack and to top it all off, a button for flashing the BIOS.