Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC Looks Amazing in its First 4K/60fps Trailer
Red Dead Redemption 2 arrives on PC in a couple short weeks, and Rockstar have finally released a stunning 4K/60fps trailer of the game in action. RDR2 was a very nice-looking game on consoles, but it looks downright amazing running on PC – at times nearly photorealistic (I’m particularly impressed by the fuzziness of that bear’s rear end). But enough jawing from me, check out the trailer for yourself!
Here’s a quick rundown of the special features you can expect from the PC version of RDR2:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC offers HDR support, the ability to run high-end display setups with 4K resolution and beyond, multi-monitor configurations, widescreen configurations, faster frame rates, and more.
- New graphical and technical enhancements for deeper immersion include increased draw distances for better navigation.
- Higher quality global illumination and ambient occlusion for improved day and night lighting.
- Higher quality snow trails, improved reflections and deeper, higher resolution shadows at all distances.
- Tessellated tree textures and improved grass and fur textures for added realism in every plant and animal.
A variety of new content will also be added to RDR2 alongside the PC launch, including…
3 New Bounty Hunter Missions:
- Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen – track him down in Blackwater.
- Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting his gang if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
2 New Gang Hideouts:
- Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang in new hideouts at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly
New Weapons for Story Mode including:
- M1899 Pistol – all-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
- Evans Repeater – high capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- High Roller Revolver – ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Le Mat Revolver – powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
2 New Treasure Maps:
- Search for treasures across the new Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps for gold bars and other rewards.
New Horses for Story Mode including:
- Warped Brindle Arabian – a fast and agile mount
- Few Spot Appaloosa – beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
- Perlino Andalusian – a healthy, sturdy animal ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Red Chestnut Arabian – a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Plus 3 new wild horse variations – keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker
5 New Trinkets to collect with new effects:
- Hawk Talon – permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye – permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth – permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell – permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak – permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
New mission "To The Ends of The Earth – collect requested herbs for a range of rewards
Red Dead Redemption 2 moseys onto PC on November 5. It will also be available on Google Stadia when the service launches. Pre-orders be available via the Epic Games Store, Humble Store, GameStop, Green Man Gaming, and other online retailers on October 23. Oh, and don’t worry, RDR2 will be available via Steam as of December – no word yet on when Steam pre-orders will go live. Excited to give the PC version a spin now that you’ve seen it in action?
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter