AMD’s Latest Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.1 Driver Offers Image Sharpening and Anti-Lag Feature to Improve Visual Quality and Reduce Lag
AMD has released its new AMD Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.1 driver which offers a new image sharpening and anti-lag feature.
Available for DX9, DX11 and Vulkan titles on RX 5700 GPUs, AMD’s Image Sharpening feature offers contrast-adaptive sharpening combined with optional GPU upscaling that helps draw out detail and provide crisp-looking visuals.
The new Anti-Lag feature can be enabled in DX9 and DX11 games that improves input-to-display response time with up to 31% reduction in lag.
We’ve included the official release notes for this new driver down below:
Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.1 Driver Release Notes
AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series Graphics
AMD Radeon Image Sharpening(1)
- New feature available in Radeon Settings that can be enabled for DirectX®9, DirectX®12 and Vulkan® games on AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics. Provides contrast-adaptive sharpening combined with optional GPU upscaling that helps draw out detail and provide crisp-looking visuals.
AMD Radeon Anti-Lag(2)
- New feature available in Radeon Settings that can be enabled for DirectX®9 and DirectX®11 games that improves input-to-display response time with up to 31% reduction in lag.RS-295
- Now supports auto-discovery mode and one-tap connection, allowing you to easily connect your Radeon PC and AMD Link App.
- Now supports connections to Apple TV and Android TV with a new simplified TV interface.
AMD Radeon Chill(4)
- Now supports display-aware tuning which sets frame-rate caps to match your monitors refresh rate providing up to 2.5x more power savings than before.RS-294 Display-aware tuning works with fixed-refresh monitors or with variable-refresh Radeon FreeSync™-capable displays.
AMD Radeon WattMan(5)
- New power gauge readout available in Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan.
- Auto Tuning features now provide a summary readout of tuning changes.
- New feature available in Radeon Settings that allows you to create, save and load your custom settings and configurations for Radeon Settings.
Automatic Low Latency Mode(7)
- Allows supported graphics products to communicate with your connected TV and enter low-latency (gaming) mode automatically.
- Graphics driver may not uninstall correctly when using the express uninstall option on some Ryzen APUs.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may intermittently display incorrect colors when being displayed in game.
- Radeon Overlay may fail to appear or invoke when playing DOOM™.
- Radeon Overlay may fail to appear or invoke when a game is running fullscreen on Windows®7 system configurations.
- Some users may be experiencing AMD DLL file signing issues with Easy Anti-Cheat™. A clean install of Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.1 may be required to fix this issue.
The new Radeon Adrenalin 19.7.1 Driver can be downloaded through AMD’s official website right here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter