Puyo Puyo Tetris Coming to the West For PS4 and Switch
Sega of America announced that that Puyo Puyo Tetris is finally getting a Western release for Playstation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Puyo Puyo Tetris is a competitive party puzzle game that combines both classic Tetris with the wackiness of Puyo Puyo.
Puyo Puyo Tetris offers a full single-player with ten acts with characters from both Puyo Puyo and Tetris universes. The real fun comes in the game’s numerous multiplayer modes. Here’s what to expect according to their YouTube video description.
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
The Solo Arcade has a few modes for those who can’t get any friends together:
- Battle – Substitute human players with 1-3 CPU opponents to fight against simultaneously.
- Endurance – Go the distance in a one-on-one gauntlet of never-ending CPU opponents, racking up as many wins as possible.
- Challenge – Forget about the opponents and put skills to the test with Sprint, Marathon and more, like the quirky Tiny Puyo, which shrinks down Puyos to fit even more on the board.
Puyo Puyo Tetris is coming to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch digitally for $29.99 in Spring 2017. A special retail edition is coming to Nintendo Switch for $39.99 that comes with two Puyo and Tetris themed keychains. The retail edition is a limited release in the States.