Osiris: New Dawn Is a Multiplayer Space Survival Adventure Due on Steam Early Access Later This Month
Indie studio Fenix Fire Entertainment is about to make its debut with Osiris: New Dawn, a multiplayer space survival adventure due to be available on Steam Early Access starting from September 28th and in development for consoles as well. Fenix Fire was founded in 2010 by husband & wife Brian and Anna Mc Rae; Brian is a 15-year veteran developer who previously worked at Blizzard (on the Starcraft: Ghost project), Double Helix and Midway. He was also responsible for several Oculus VR tech demos, like Tuscany World Demo, EVE: Online VR Demo and CinemaVR (with John Carmack).
It’s amazing to finally bring our passion project to gamers everywhere who share our fascination with near-future, space exploration. What started as a simple idea has blossomed into a gaming experience far beyond what we thought was possible, surprising even ourselves and driving us to be more and more ambitious with what is possible in Osiris: New Dawn. I’m looking forward to constructive feedback from players in hopes of improving the experience with full transparency in our Early Access development.
Osiris: New Dawn is is set in 2046, when mankind’s discovery of near-lightspeed "fold engine" propulsion has empowered Osiris expeditionary missions to the Gliese 581 system. Players are part of the second colonization team sent by the U.N.E. (United Nations of Earth) to study potential habitable planets when the spacecraft malfunctions braking violently from light speed, forcing an emergency landing on the planet’s surface.
Here's the main feature set, as well as a gallery of gorgeous 4K screenshots and a brief teaser video.
- Multiplayer Colonization: Work together with online players to build a prospering colony and together defend against threatening alien species, survive environmental phenomenon including meteor showers, and attacks from other online player colonies.
- Survive, Craft, Research and Thrive: Gather resources and materials to adapt to the alien system, build modular structures to grow food and create manufacturing bays, research new technologies to upgrade gear and build new vehicles and droids, and explore the environment to discover new resources and secrets to expand and thrive in this brave alien world.
- Explore The Planet And Beyond: Learn what wonders and horrors lie on the alien planet and explore underground dungeons for unique potential discoveries. In time, build spacecraft to launch into space and travel to other planets in the solar system.
- Prepare for a Fight: Choose first or third person controls as you hunt intelligent alien species with predatory instincts. Equip a variety of weapons to ensure you are prepared for any situation.
- Light-Year Visual Difference: Experience the high graphic quality typically only found in AAA games. Osiris: New Dawn offers high attention to texture detail and High Dynamic Range lighting creating a frightening gorgeous world. An advanced IK (inverse kinematics) system powers over 200 amazing fluid player movements and a diverse range of terrifying alien creature animations.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter