Nokia X20 is Now Getting the First Android 12 Developer Preview
Ever since the announcement of Android 12 Developer Preview by Google, several OEMs jumped on the bandwagon to introduce that they will be releasing their own versions of the Developer Preview as well, and now Nokia is here as they have just started rolling out the first developer preview for the Nokia X20.
If you are using the Nokia X20, you can go ahead and download the Android 12 Developer Preview on your device and experience the features that will eventually come to the stable version of the app if you are not enrolled in the developer preview program. You can download the latest version of the My Phone app on your Nokia X20. Once you are in the app, scroll down to the bottom and tap on the Support banner. Once there, scroll down to "Android developer preview" and allow the app to check the IMEI of your device.
You Can Try out Android 12 on Your Nokia X20 Starting Today
Once Nokia confirms that your X20 is eligible for the update, agree to the license terms and conditions, check the Important Notes, and tap on Confirm to proceed. You will then receive the Android 12 developer preview build on your phone via an OTA update in the next 12 hours.
If you want to proceed with having an Android 12 developer preview on your Nokia X20, here are some points of consideration before you proceed. You can read more about it here.
- Android 12 developer preview program builds (ADP) are early Android OS releases intended for application developers only – they are not recommended for general use.
- Although strenuously tested by our development team, the builds may exhibit performance and/or stability issues in some cases.
- Some applications downloaded from the Google Play Store may not be supported (either in full or in part) and may show signs of instability.
- Upgrading from Android 11 to the Android 12 developer preview program and rollback from the Android 12 developer preview program to the Official Android 11 build will lose user data. As such, we recommended that you back up any user data to avoid loss.
- Online support is limited and may not help users who experience difficulties with flashing the device.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter