[Update] The patch is now live and we've included the official patch notes down below:
- Fixed an issue which would cause a crash for some users at the end of an Unranked Event. This would occur in some Races, in eight player mode, if Boost Limit is set to under 5/10 and one of the users is in DNF status when all others finish the race.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occurring after finishing “Mountain Meander” in an unranked match with the boost limit set to 3/10 or 4/10.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the used to receive the error message “Event failed to start, please try again” when finding a host in “Custom Match” and trying to join the session.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the host, and sometimes another player to crash at the end of an unranked race when using the ‘host car lock’ option.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when cycling through the cars in the Junkyard menu.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes corrupt save file data while a player was in progress of a Showtime event on Newton DR.
- Wrecking the car multiple times will no longer cause the game to crash.
- Playing ‘Showtime’ on Shires Street on Big Surf Island will no longer cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash for 3/5 players when starting a Marked Man event in a 5 player lobby.
- Frame Rate used to drop to 44 in certain areas of N Rouse while in a multiplayer session on Xbox One X. This no longer happens.
- Winning offline races no longer increases the players "World's Best" points on the leaderboard.
- Unranked Races no longer grant points for the World's Best ranking system.
- Creating a race in a Freeburn Online lobby will no longer cause the game to hang for approximately 18 seconds.
- Players who start in the last position of the starting line of a ranked / unranked race will now earn boost when reaching 1st position.
- Fixed an issue where the game would not find the lobby of a friend when it is set to Friends Only.
- Fixed a leaderboard issue where unrealistic times were being set on roads.
- “Friends Best Score” on the Paradise City map will now display stats as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the "Friends Best Time" on the game map & the scrolling text under the street name is showing friends stats from the correct street, but with the actual results taken from a completely different user.
[Original story] A new Burnout Paradise Remastered patch will hit Xbox One and PlayStation 4 today, developer Criterion Games has said.
The developer confirmed this on Twitter following a tweet from community manager Ben Walke. The exact contents of the update are unknown at this point, but we do know that it will fix corrupted save files on PS4 alongside a fix for incorrect stats in online play.
“Heads up, but we plan to release a #BurnoutParadise Remastered patch today”, Walke tweeted. “Should address corrupt save file problem as well as a few other issues.”
The patch will be deployed on both consoles at 12pm UTC today. We’ll update this post with the patch notes as soon as they become available.
Burnout Paradise Remastered was released last month after being officially announced earlier this year. The title includes the original base game and the eight add-on game packs released during the Year of Paradise, including the extension to the drivable world with Big Surf Island. The remastered racer also offers various technical enhancements on both Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro for greater visual fidelity, including 4K resolution support at 60 FPS.
“When people think of Criterion Games, they often remember the Burnout franchise and for good reason. What we created 10 years ago, we feel is still fun and unique to this day in the gaming industry,” said Matt Webster, General Manager at Criterion Games back in February of this year. “Burnout Paradise is an arcade racer built to provide players the thrill of racing with their friends, in a free form way that was both seamless and immersive, but also a little crazy with all the different stunts and crashes players could pull off. With the release of this remaster, we’re able to share this action-packed ride with a whole new generation of players.”