MSI Unleashes The MEG X570 Unify Motherboard With RGB Free Design Approach – Sets CPU Frequency World Record With AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
MSI is launching a new X570 motherboard which they say is designed with an RGB free approach in mind, the MEG X570 Unify. Featuring a stunning, all-black color scheme, the X570 Unify is simply one stunning board that looks great even without the assortment of RGB LEDs spread everywhere.
MSI MEG X570 Unify Kicks RGB Out The Door, Uses a Simplistic and Pure-Black Design
The MSI MEG X570 Unify comes in the standard ATX form factor and has a couple of features we need to talk about. The motherboard packs 14 IR Digital VRMs with 60A power stages that receive power through dual 8-pin connectors. Right next to the AM4 CPU socket are four DDR4 DIMM slots which can support up to 128 GB of memory capacity with speeds of up to 4600 MHz (OC+). The top heatsinks are based on aluminum and the I/O heatsink offers an extended heatsink design & also a copper-based heatpipe to offer more cooling area.
MSI MEG X570 Unify Motherboard Features
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600+(OC) MHz
- Aluminum Cover with Extended Heatsink: All-metal extended heatsink cover enlarges the surface of heat dissipation, ensures even high-end processors to run at full speed.
- Lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Triple Lightning Gen4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, StoreMI, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2.
- 2.5G Gaming LAN with Latest Wi-Fi 6 Solution: Onboard 2.5G LAN with gaming LAN manager, combining the latest Wi-Fi 6 solution which supports MU-MIMO and BSS color technology, delivering the best online gaming experience.
- Frozr Heatsink Design: Designed with the patented fan and double ball bearings to provide the best performance for enthusiast gamers and prosumers.
- Audio Boost HD: Isolated audio with dedicated processor combining ESS audio DAC with an amplifier, deliver the breathtaking, game-changing sound to create the most exciting gameplay.
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation
For expansion, the MEG X570 Unify offers three PCIe 4.0 x16 slots, two PCIe 4.0 x1 slots and triple M.2 slots. All three M.2 slots are Lightning Gen4 compliant, offering up to 64 GB/s transfer speeds. The M.2 slots are covered with the M.2 Shield Frozr heatsink which includes a thermal pad under the M.2 heatsinks for good heat transfer and to keep storage devices running stable without worrying about any sort of temperature-related issues.
The X570 chipset sits under the larger Frozr heatsink which has an active fan that uses double ball bearings to run silent and provide more cooling to the PCH. There are four SATA III ports, dual USB 3.0 and a single USB 3.1 front panel header on the motherboard. There's also a debug LED along with power and reset switches at the bottom of the motherboard.
Coming to the design, there are no RGB LEDs on the motherboard and MSI says that this is the first flagship design to offer a simplistic anti-RGB approach. The matte black and chrome texture looks great on the MEG X570 Unify and is perfect for users who are investing in an all-black setup. For IO, the motherboard comes with 3 USB 3.1 Gen 2, 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1, 2 USB 2.0 ports, a 5 channel audio jack (Realtek ALC1220 Codec), a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet LAN port (Realtek RTL8125), a PS/2 port, 2 WiFi antenna slots, a clear CMOS and a flash BIOS button. The I/O plate is pre-fitted which is neat and while there's no word on the pricing of this motherboard, expect it to fall in the same price range as the MEG X570 ACE.
As for how well this motherboard will perform, Taiwanese overclocker TSAIK used an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X processor with this motherboard and pushed its frequency as high as it could reach on LN2. The final result was the highest frequency ever achieved on AMD's 12 core chip, 5.857 GHz to be precise. You can check out the record overclock on HWBot at this link.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter