Talk About “Hustle-As-A-Service” – Microsoft Delivers Windows 10 2019 Preview to Skip Ahead
Microsoft has today delivered a new build to the Fast ring Insiders, a cumulative update to the Slow ring Insiders, ISO images for a Preview Build, and a Windows 10 SDK Preview Build. It is no surprise then that the company didn't want to leave the Skip Ahead Insiders out of the hustle who are currently testing Windows 10 19H1.
Dona Sarkar has just announced delivering a hot new Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18242 from the 2019 edition of Windows 10. Unfortunately, the Windows 10 19H1 Preview Build 18242 doesn't bring any new exciting features and focuses on general fixes and improvements. Here are all the details.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in the background of notifications and the Action Center losing color and becoming transparent in the last two flights.
- We fixed an issue where thumbnails and icons might not be rendered if there were any video files saved to the desktop.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the back button in Settings and other apps becoming white text on a white background if you hovered over it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps crashing when you tried to save a file from the app.
- We fixed an issue resulting in nearby sharing not working for local accounts where the account name contained certain Chinese, Japanese, or Korean characters.
- We fixed an issue resulting in rendering issues in certain types of PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
- The Emoji Panel is now draggable if you would like to move it to a different position.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Narrator not reading selected word choices when typing using an IME (for example, in Japanese).
- Some Insiders who have opted in to Skip Ahead may notice differences when using the Japanese IME in today’s build. We’re trying something out and will have more details about it later. If you have any feedback about your experience when using the IME, please let us know via Feedback Hub.
- We fixed an issue where certain Bluetooth audio devices wouldn’t play sound in apps that also used the microphone.
- We fixed an issue resulting in slower resume from hibernation on certain devices in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Hello spending more time in the “Getting Ready” state in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpectedly increased use of battery recently when using certain apps like OneNote.
- We fixed an issue in PowerShell where it wasn’t displaying characters correctly in Japanese.
Known issues with Windows 10 19H1 18242
- Task Manager is not reporting accurate CPU usage.
- Arrows to expand “Background processes” in Task Manager are blinking constantly and weirdly.
Known issues for Developers
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
For more details, head over to the official blog post.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter