Microsoft Almost at the Finish Line – New Windows 10 1903 Build Is Out With Just Two Bug Fixes
Microsoft has released Windows 10 19H1 Insider Preview Build 18361 to Insiders in the Fast Ring. Almost at the finish line, today’s Preview Build brings just two bug fixes and the list of known issues is also getting shorter.
It appears we might just be able to get our hands on the upcoming Windows 10 version 1903 aka the April 2019 Update by the end of this month. The company does seem to be having some issues with fixing the GSOD issue triggered by anti-cheat software. Here’s everything that’s fixed with today’s Preview Build and the list of known issues that are yet to be addressed.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC with Windows 10 18361
- We fixed an issue preventing certain VMs from being able to install or update Windows Insider Preview builds – the VM would hang on the black screen with the Windows logo.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing unexpected BitLocker prompts to encrypt certain drives, and then subsequently failing to encrypt.
Known issues in Windows 10 1903 Build 18361
- Microsoft Store app updates do not automatically install on 18356+. As a workaround, you can manually check for, and install updates via the Microsoft Store app. Open Select “…” > “Downloads and updates” > “Get updates”.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
For more details, head over to the official blog post. The Windows maker is also releasing build 18356.16 (KB4494123) to Insiders in the Slow Ring. As a reminder, this is the build that introduced Android screen mirroring to Windows Insiders.