Microsoft Flight Simulator First Update Addresses Installation and Stability Issues
The first ever Microsoft Flight Simulator update has gone live, addressing a variety of issues.
The new update addresses some stability issues, preventing the game from crashing when input devices are disconnected.
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
The first Microsoft Flight Simulator also addresses some installation issues, allowing the process to continue even after a partial decompression of a package or if the user account includes non-ASCII characters, among other things.
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
The Microsoft Flight Simulator first update also addresses Content Manager, Simconnect, optimization, and Marketplace issues.
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display nameplate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace
Microsoft Flight Simulator has been released last month on PC. The game is one of the most spectacular titles ever released, as highlighted by Chris in his review.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is a game that offers a meditative experience like no other as well as a fantastic way to explore the world where the only better way is visiting in person. The sounds and feel of the plane, combined with the algorithm and tech, make the world give you a genuine feeling that you're there. I could keep praising it, but with the exception of a few very minor niggles, this is as close to perfect as one could have hoped. If this game had a theme song, this would be it.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available on PC worldwide.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter