Steps to Skip the Line & Manually Install Windows 10 April 2018 Update Before Everyone Else
The latest Windows 10 version, the April 2018 Update, is finally live! After months of Insider testing Windows 10 version 1803, Microsoft is now offering it to the public. However, if the past Windows 10 editions are any hint, it might take over a few months for some users to receive this latest version of Windows 10. Remember, you won't receive the update notification until May 8 since right now this is only available via manual download. Don't want to wait that long? You can manually download and install Windows 10 1803 aka April 2018 Update on your compatible PCs.
Steps to manually download and install Windows 10 1803 April 2018 Update before everyone else
The official rollout of Windows 10 1803 may take over several months to finish. If you want to avoid this endless waiting game, you can start the manual installation process without depending on Microsoft to send you a notification. However, you should note that while Microsoft has already sent a cumulative update to Windows 10 April 2018 Update, there could still be some issues that remain to be resolved, particularly those compatibility troubles that every new version of Windows 10 seems to bring.
Microsoft has also opted for a slower deployment strategy due to these compatibility issues, making sure that it keeps fixing the problems as they appear. If you are a brave soul and don't worry about a few issues here and there, you can manually download Windows 10 April 2018 Update and upgrade your machine to the very latest version of Windows 10.
You can now download Windows 10 April 2018 Update in two ways:
Once you download and open up the Update Assistant, all you need to do is click on a few "Next" buttons to upgrade to April 2018 Update (screenshot carries the wrong build no; the latest build is 17134 or version 1803).
Two ways to install Windows 10 1803 April 2018 Update using the Media Creation tool
To install Windows 10 1803 April 2018 Update using the Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:
- Go to Windows 10 April 2018 Update download page (link)
- Click on Download tool now.
- Accept license terms.
- If you want to upgrade your current PC, choose Upgrade this PC now. This will initiate the upgrade process and you can stop following the rest of this guide.
- Another option is to do it via ISO files. In that case, click on the Create installation media for another PC > Next.
- If you selected to upgrade your current PC, Windows 10 April 2018 Update will start downloading, and that'll be it.
- For another PC, you will be asked to select Language, Edition and Architecture. Choose details for the Windows 10 ISO you want to download. Once you’ve decided what you want to download, click on Next.
- Select the ISO file option and where you wish to save it.
- Click on Next to begin the download process.
The downloading process may take up to a few hours, so you will need to be patient. Downloading the latest Windows 10 April 2018 Update Version 1803? Don't forget to share your experience with us.