So the latest Android 4.4 KitKat is already available to be flashed on devices thanks to the amazing devs. But guess what? We need to have a latest recovery tool to be able to upgrade to the latest Android OS before the official rolling out begins. Here is the very latest Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) recovery tool for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 model M919.
Prereqs to check before you install TWRP Recovery on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu on your T-Mobile SGS4.
- Your Galaxy S4 should be unlocked and rooted.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your device carries more than 70% of charge.
How to install TWRP Recovery on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Switch off your T-Mobile Galaxy S4 and boot it into Download mode: hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once in Download mode, connect the S4 to PC using a USB cable. Odin will detect the smartphone and ID:COM on Odin box will turn yellow along with an ADDED!! message.
- Click on PDA button and locate the TWRP recovery file from the firmware folder downloaded earlier. Do not make any changes in default settings of Odin. Just make sure that re-partition is unchecked.
- Click on the START button to start the installation of recovery. When it is completed successfully, your Galaxy S4 will restart automatically and you will get a PASS message on Odin.
- Disconnect your phone from computer.
Ta da! TWRP recovery is now installed on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4.