If you are looking for the best non-Vanilla Android experience, then getting your hands on a Samsung phone is more or less the right decision because of how good Samsung has made Android as compared to what it used to be in the old days. However, the one thing that has remained a staple in Samsung phones is the Download Mode; a special mode that lets you flash factory firmware on your phone and even lets you root your phone (at the expense of your warranty). The method to enter Download Mode has changed a number of times and if you are wondering how to enter Download Mode on your Samsung Galaxy phone, you are at the right place.
The process to enter download mode is not difficult, to be honest. You cannot really mess this up and if you do want to flash firmware, you are going to have to use Odin but don't worry, we will do a tutorial on that later.
Enter Download Mode on Your Samsung Galaxy Device to Flash a Firmware or Root Your Phone
Now, before you proceed, this guide is for all Samsung phones that are running Android 9 or newer. The process is really simple and does not come with any risks, either.
Let's see how you can enter download mode on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Start by turning off your phone.
- Now press and hold the following buttons Volume Down + Bixby Button + Power (for phones with Bixby button) If your phone does not have a Bixby button, then just the volume down and power button will do.
- Simply plug in your phone to a USB cable while having the other end being connected to the computer.
- Your phone will turn on immediately and you will be given a warning screen after the Samsung logo.
- Press the volume up button and you will enter the download mode.
From there, all you need to do is launch Odin and flash the firmware on your phone or root the device, whatever you wish to do. Remember, download mode on its own is not going to let you do anything since it is just a way to flash files on your phone and if you do enter download mode, it will not wipe your device or void the warranty.
Looking for more tutorials? Make sure you head over to this section.