For Honor 1.03 Update Introduces Several Tweaks, Brings Back Beta Guardbreak System And More
For Honor, the recently released third person game developed by Ubisoft, has received a big update today on all formats, introducing several tweaks that will vastly influence and change the experience.
The biggest change introduced by the 1.03 update is a critical change in the Guardbreak system, which will work from now on like it did in the betas. Other changes include a variety of tweaks for several characters.
For Honor Update 1.03 Patch Notes
- Fixed a bug that caused players to lose the “Hard to Kill” Feat upon death.
Orochi & Berserker
- Addressed bugs with their area of effect (AOE) ground Feats not working if the player stopped moving.
- The Orochi’s Nail Bomb & the Berserkers Stun Trap Feats now apply their damage effects correctly to characters who trigger the trap, but stop moving towards the trap, as it was intended.
- The Valkyrie Bloodlust Feat is now triggered on all types of kills as it was intended.
Berserker, Warlord, And Valkyrie
- Tweaked the “Rush” Feat animation transition bug from idle to sprint animations.
- We reverted the Guardbreak mechanics to the Beta behavior in order to have it be a more usable skill. Guardbreak is no longer un-counterable if you’re Guardbroken during Guardbreak startup.
- Attacks that cannot be blocked because they are too fast no longer display the Unblockable Attack feedback.
- Fixed camera clipping issues with walls on executions.
Some tweaking was made on the Peacekeeper during the Beta, which caused some bugs and unintended changes. We are changing some of her moves to behave as designed.
- Fixed the Peacekeeper Guardbreak and Bleed stacking bug.
- Stab 1 applies 2 dmg + 15 Bleed dmg over 10 sec.
- Stab 2 applies 2 dmg + 12 Bleed dmg over 8 sec.
- Stab 3 applies 2 dmg + 9 Bleed dmg over 6 sec.
- Bleed damage now stacks up for a total of 36 dmg, in the Beta this total was higher (45dmg) but has been reduced for balancing along with the accompanied bug fix.
- Increased the range of the Peacekeeper Stab Attack to fix issues with missed stabs and therefore not applying Bleed.
- Stab range increased from 1 m to 2 m.
- Changed the range distance of the Peacekeeper Light Attack. She can now connect a Light Attack after a parry.
- Normal Light Attacks had their range increased by 0.25 m; from 2.75 m to 3 m.
Berserker & Conqueror
- Light Attack recoveries decreased to prevent free Guardbreak on Block. This was never the intended behavior.
- Berserker’s Light Attacks and chained Light Attacks recoveries on Block reduced from 900 ms to 700 ms.
- Conqueror’s Light Attacks and chained Light Attacks recoveries on Block reduced from 900 ms to 700 ms.
Overall Valkyrie gameplay update/buff. We found that the changes we made during our latest Technical Test were impacting too much the dueling abilities of the Valkyrie. She has gone from the first place in Win/Loss in Duel to the last spot. We’ve made some of her moves a little faster and we’ve added some mix-ups.
- Pouncing Thrust and Hunter’s Strike damage increased from 12 dmg to 17 dmg.
- Pouncing Thrust and Hunter’s Strike can link into Light Chain faster: from 400 ms to 900 ms to 200 ms to 500 ms.
- Light Attacks recoveries reduced by 100 ms.
- Light Attack Miss Recovery 900 ms to 800 ms.
- Light Attack Hit Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms.
- Light Attack Interrupt Block Recovery 800 ms to 700 ms.
- Light Attack Regular Block Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Startup reduced by 100 ms, recoveries reduced by 100ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Startup 600 ms to 500 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Miss Recovery 800 ms to 700 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Hit Recovery 600 to 500 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Interrupt Block Recovery 700 ms to 600 ms.
- Light Chain second Attack Regular Block Recovery 600 ms to 500 ms.
- Shield Crush can now be chained into Light Chain.
- After 400 ms into Hit Recovery.
- After 500 ms into Miss Recovery.
- Hunter’s Rush Recoveries shortened by 200 ms.
- Miss recovery 1000 ms to 800 ms.
- Hit recovery 800 ms to 600 ms.
- Interrupt Block recovery 900 ms to 700 ms.
- Regular Block recovery 800 ms to 600 ms.
- Increased the dodge back on the Orochi’s “Riptide Strike.”
- Increased the backward displacement from 1.75 m to 2 m.
Duel, Brawl, Elimination
- Bots joining an in-progress match will be dead for the current round.
- Changed music in Face Off screen.
- Various bug fixes.
For Honor is now available in all regions on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter