Hitman Elusive Target #21, The Surgeons, is Live Now
Get ready to play doctor, Agent 47. IO Interactive just revealed the latest elusive target for Hitman, The Surgeons, which is now live.
This month's target is actually two people, Pavel Frydel and Akane Akenawa. These two surgeons are involved in the black market organ trade. They recently transplanted an organ that came from an unwilling donor who later died of infection. Agent 47 has been charged with taking out the doctors by injecting them with a viral infection for karmic justice.
So your objectives are to kill Dr. Frydel and Dr. Akenawa using a viral infection and of course, get away. The map takes place on Hokkaido, Japan in the super advanced medical facility/spa for the rich and famous.
The Elusive Targets are specially crafted, unique targets, which come with particular rules:
- An Elusive Target is a once in a lifetime experience
- They are available for a limited time only in game
- Intel on the target will be limited
- They will not appear in instinct mode, or the mini map and their locations will not be revealed to you – you’ll have to go and find them
- Plan accordingly before you engage your target
- Your target can only die once
- If you die during the mission, that’s it
- When the time runs out, they are gone for good
- If you fail, there are no second chances
Hitman recently received a big HDR update that allowed for some pretty impressive visual effects:
As an example, think of 47 in a dark room looking out a bright window. Without HDR you would not be able make out what’s outside, whereas with HDR you can simultaneously see details inside the room and outside the window. Another extreme example is the sun. Without HDR we could not render the sun brighter than a white piece of paper, so we had to ‘simulate’ the sun being blinding. With HDR we can draw the sun several times brighter, so that it is actually close to being blinding, just like in real life.
Hitman is out now PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The Surgeons will be available until March 3rd.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter