Here’s How To Use AR Stickers On Google Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL In Seven Easy Steps!
The latest talk in tech town, especially for flagship smartphones is AR. The iPhone X’s got it, Samsung launched the Galaxy S9+/S9+ with it and Google has it with the Pixel 2 lineup. AR stickers on the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL allow you to carry out a variety of tasks. One of our favorites is using AR stickers to place a plethora of stickers available in the camera app, allowing for nice additions to its usage. So, if you’re wondering how to use the feature, take a look below for all of the instructions.
How To Use AR Stickers On The Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL: Make Your Virtual More Interesting With A Large Variety Of Objects
Google made AR stickers available with Android 8.1 and if you’ve recently bought a Pixel 2 device then chances are you’re already on the software. If not and you’re one of those folks who kept their Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL wrapped neatly in a box after purchasing it, then you’ll need Android 8.1 to use AR stickers on the Pixel 2 smartphones.
Using the feature is relatively straightforward, but some users might have trouble opening the Stickers segment in the Camera app. To use AR stickers on the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL, follow these steps:
- Open the side menu in the camera app.
- Tap on the AR stickers option above the Settings menu.
- Your Pixel device will now ask you to calibrate the camera.
- Do this by moving your phone and camera in a circular motion. This allows the app to map your surrounding area.
- Once the data from the camera is visible once again on the app screen after mapping, you’ll see a category of stickers at the top.
- Choose any one of these to your desired location. Keep in mind that stickers not placed will have a dotted circular lin under them.
- Decide whether to record a video or take a photograph of the image with your sticker.
It’s pretty simple and once you get the hang of it, adding stickers will become second knowledge. Keep in mind that you’ll have to press and hold a sticker to add it to an image. Additionally, stickers will also have specific options that allow you to pinch and zoom for example. Thoughts? Problems? Let us know what you think in the comments section below and stay tuned for the latest.