GTA V PC Looks Breathtakingly Gorgeous at 6K
GTA V on PC is quite beautiful at 1080p, and simply stunning at 4K. The good folks over at PC Gamer have provided some gorgeous 6K screenshots of GTA V, which can be viewed in the gallery below. The screenshots were captured with the GTA V Editor.
The process as detailed by PC Gamer is as follows:
1. While playing, begin recording a clip by pressing F1.
2. Press F1 again to stop recording. The clip will be saved.
3. Press escape and find the Rockstar Editor in the menu along the top.
4. Create a new project and add a clip to the timeline.
5. Edit the clip to launch the editor.
6. Once in the editor, you can go to any moment in the recorded clip. You have access to various camera angles (including a free camera limited to a 50 meter radius around your character), filters, depth of field, and other useful tools for recording movies and capturing screenshots. You can also press H to toggle the HUD.
I did use editor filters for some of the screenshots, but many of them are using the default colors and depth of field. I used ReShade to inject SMAA (as I personally prefer that over the in-game FXAA) and to capture the screenshots. I played the game in windowed mode and used SRWE to resize the window for higher resolution screenshots (this does work in the editor). As far as I know, this will not work on Windows 8.
Rockstar has just released a new patch for GTA V PC, which even though it fixes a lot of the issues that plagued the game, it disables many of the mods.
The GTA V modding community has reported that after the recent 350.1 patch, modes stopped working. It's possible that the new patch makes Script Hook V unusable, so players would have to revert to the previous version in order to be able to use mods.
Rockstar does not support mods, so this could have been a deliberate move from the company, but further examination into the subject is expected soon. we will keep you informed with any updates on the issue.
You can view the latest patch notes below:
[4/30/15] GTAV PC Patch 350.1 Notes
- Vehicles in your garage can no longer be accidentally replaced with vehicles from the street. For details, see this page.
- Improved stability and fixed several crashes and hangs while transitioning between Jobs in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where certain players were unable to exit their garages while inside of a personal vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where the game could freeze if you were robbing a store while someone else was attempting to buy snacks there.
- A rare issue has been fixed where some players received a “Purchase Failed” error when attempting to buy apartments.
- Fixed an issue where players would be asked to quit the game while using text chat in Golf and pressing the “E” key.
- GTA Online characters can now be added to your shortlist in the Rockstar Editor.
- Fixed several clipping issues that occurred when taking Snapmatic selfies.
- One-on-One Vehicle Deathmatches in Free Roam will now properly spawn all participants in vehicles.
- Fixed a Steam-only issue where you could not alt-tab back into GTAV if you alt-tabbed out while the Steam overlay was active.
- Various fixes to bring improved patch download speeds.
- Improvements to matchmaking so players that have good connections to each other are matched together more frequently.
- Fixed a Steam-only issue where players could not use Mexican Spanish as a subtitle language.
- General stability fixes for director mode and video editor.
- Various crash fixes.
- Fixes for issues caused by launching the game in offline mode.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter