God of War New Game Plus Update Coming This Month, Includes Cinematic Skipping
God of War is a great game, one a lot of folks were eager to replay as soon as they hit the end credits, so where was the New Game Plus mode? Most previous God of War games had some form of New Game+, but the new PS4 game has lacked the feature. Well, that’s about to change – during E3 Sony announced God of War is getting a New Game Plus update, and now they’ve revealed more details and a release date.
- Relive the journey of Kratos and Atreus with all of your previous armors, enchantments, talismans, resources and abilities on the difficulty of your choosing.
- Test your skills against higher level enemies, some of which might even have a few dangerous new tricks up their sleeves!
- Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
- Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.
- Finally, get right back into the action with the newly added ability to skip through cinematics in both normal and New Game+ modes once a full play through has been completed.
Sounds fairly meaty as far as New Game Plus modes go! In order to access New Game Plus you’ll, of course, have to beat the main story campaign (it doesn’t matter what difficulty you play on). If you’ve already finished the game, New Game+ will be waiting for you once you download the upcoming patch.
God of War is currently available on PS4. The New Game Plus update arrives on August 20. Anybody planning to give Kratos' latest another playthrough?
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter