Gears of War: Ultimate Edition NVIDIA Developer Interview at E3 2015
NVIDIA has released an exclusive interview video for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition right from the show floor at E3 2015, which can be watched below:
Gears of War is one of the most critically-acclaimed and best-selling franchises of current times, having found a massive audience on Xbox 360. In 2007, PC gamers did get the chance to play the original game, but subsequent titles sadly remained exclusive to consoles. Now, with their renewed focus on PC, Microsoft is bringing Gears of War: Ultimate Edition to PC, along with Fable Legends and other games.
In short, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is the 2007 PC release remastered from the ground-up with new graphics, tweaked gameplay and cutscenes, 7.1 Dolby Surround sound, bonus features, 19 multiplayer maps, dedicated game servers, skill-based matchmaking, new multiplayer features and new multiplayer game modes, including one from Gears of War 3.
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition will make use of DX12 for improved performance and graphical fidelity
Being an exclusive Windows 10 release, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition will of course make use of DirectX 12 for improved performance and graphical fidelity, which will be especially beneficial when aiming to play at 4K at 60 frames per second and higher. For more on that, we spoke to Rod Fergusson, studio manager of The Coalition, Microsoft’s new Gears of War development studio.
GEARS OF WAR: ULTIMATE EDITION
The story of “Gears of War” thrusts gamers into a deep and harrowing battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surfaced from the bowels of the planet. Players live and breathe the role of Marcus Fenix. A disgraced former war hero, Marcus seeks personal redemption as he leads his fire team against an onslaught of merciless warriors from below.
- Remastered for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 mins of new campaign content from the original PC game
- New Xbox Live achievements (1,250 Gamerscore)
- Concept art gallery and unlockable comics
- Modernized Multiplayer featuring:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Skill-based matchmaking
- New game types - Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill (Gears of War 3 style), and new 2v2 Gnasher Execution
- Total of 19 maps, including all DLC and PC-exclusive maps
- 17 unlockable Gears of War 3 characters for Multiplayer progression
- More Match customization including Actives, Respawn Time, Self-revive and Weapon Respawn
- Modernized gameplay with smoother movement and updated controls:
- Alternate Controls and all new Tournament Controls
- All controls tuned for Xbox One
- Adding the Gears of War 3 features you love: Enemy Spotting,
- Multiplayer Tac-Com, Improved sensitivity customization
We will bring you any new information on Gears of War: Ultimate Edition and any other Gears related news as soon as it becomes available.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter