New Far Cry 5 PC Patch Improves Stability & Performance; Available for PS4/XB1 Next Week
Ubisoft has deployed a new Far Cry 5 PC patch, title update 4, which will also become available for consoles after the weekend.
The new title update will be auto downloaded automatically through UPLAY or Steam, and addresses some low occurrence crashes and save corruption issues. In addition, the patch offers some quality bug fixes alongside improvements COOP connectivity, map download efficiency, PVP matchmaking, and more.
The official release notes for the new Far Cry PC patch have been included below:
Far Cry 5 PC Patch release notes
Stability & Performance
- Fixed low occurrence crashes and walkthrough breaks
- Additional quality bug fixes
- Fixed low occurrence save corruption
Companion, Enemy, & Animal AI
- Fixed low repro AI issues
- Design & Mission Progression
- Fixed issues preventing silver bar purchase
- Fixed minor bugs
Gameplay & UI
- Fixed minor bugs
COOP and Online
- Improved COOP connectivity
- Fixed low occurrence COOP specific walkthrough breaks
- Fixed voice communication issue where players could be permanently muted
- Hurk was blowing up the client player when in a helicopter, fixed that.
Far Cry Arcade
- Improved map download efficiency
- Fixed various Arcade gameplay issues
- Fixed issue where map textures would be extremely low
- Improved PVP matchmaking
- Fixed lobby loadout selection and map selection issues
- Fixed issue with Arcade Editor crashes
PC Patch Only:
- Fixed issues that were causing incorrect spawn if the game was minimized during loading
Far Cry 5 is available now for PC and consoles. The game was released on March 28, and you check out our very own review of the game right here. We’ve included a small part from that review down below:
Far Cry 5 doesn’t strike me as a reformation of a series formula that has worked well for years, but rather a baptismal into something new. It can be hard for Ubisoft to wash away the sins of open-world game design, yet there’s the beginning of something greater to behold in Hope County. Whether making the trip to Hope County alone or with friends, the idyllic scenery makes such a stark contrast to the action of a Far Cry title that it’s going to be impossible to fly over and skip this one.