EVGA SR-3 DARK Motherboard For Xeon W-3175X Unleashed – On Preorder For $1,800
The DARK rises again. Not content to merely shatter records and competition in the consumer market, the EVGA SR-3 DARK merges two extreme performance lines of EVGA motherboards to bring balance to the force with exceptional performance and engineering.
The SR-3 Dark Features A 24 Phase Power Design With A Built-In Water Block
Featuring the Intel C622 chipset, Hexa-channel memory support, 24 phase power design, 16-layer PCB, dual-10GbE LAN ports, a water block to passively or actively cool the DARK’s VRM, and so much more, this board is packed with everything and is still compact enough to fit in a full E-ATX form factor. The full specifications of the motherboard are listed below:
- Highly-Efficient 24 Phase Digital VRM
- 300% Increased Socket Gold Content
- Intel VROC Support
- 4-Way SLI Support
- Creative Sound Core3D Audio with Output Amplifiers
- Reinforced PCIe slots
- EVGA's Latest GUI BIOS Featuring OC Robot and In-BIOS Stress Testing
- SafeBoot button to reset the motherboard and go into the BIOS with last known good settings without clearing CMOS
- Slow Mode switch locks CPU multiplier to the lowest possible setting to allow users to switch between max OC and low speeds in real-time.
- SPI flashing via USB allows you to flash your BIOS without a CPU
- Onboard Temperature and Voltage Monitoring
- Onboard Clear CMOS, Power and Reset Buttons
- Dual EVGA Probe-It Connectors
- Triple BIOS Support
- EVGA ELEET X1 Software Support
- 100% Solid State Capacitors
- 3 Year Warranty
EVGA provides maximum power to your Intel XEON W-3175X CPU and system through up to four 8-pin EPS connectors and a 24 Phase power design. Once again, EVGA crafted its revolutionary design by using right-angle power connectors to improve airflow and cable management. The SR-3 DARK features a pre-installed water block to provide maximum cooling to the chipset and VRM of the motherboard.
No water cooling? No problem. The SR-3 DARK will still provide sufficient cooling for all standard uses of the motherboard. Every EVGA SR-3 DARK is packed with a printed PCB showing components, LEDs, PCIe lane breakdowns, and other helpful information. More importantly, this PCB with included standoffs doubles as an open-air testing or benching station, providing clearance for heaters, condensation isolation, and storage devices.
With the EVGA SR-3 DARK, you don't need to see its identification to know that the next evolution of the X299 and Z390 DARK motherboards features the latest improvements for performance and enthusiast needs. A 16-layer high-speed E-ATX PCB with gold-plated shielded edge enhances stability for heavy loads, improved overclocking, and durability for today's extreme cooling hardware.
The SR-3 DARK features a 24-phase Digital VRM for the cleanest, most stable power design to ensure that you're ready for Intel’s 28-core XEON W-3175X processor. Up to 192GB of 4000MHz+ (OC) Hexa-Channel RAM on Intel Xeon W-3175X, Cascade Lake-SP, and Skylake-SP processors.
This motherboard is definitely not for everyone and will not come cheap just like its CPU counterpart. This motherboard is currently available for preorder for $1,800. This is something very few people will get their hands on, and only extreme overclockers will be able to make good use of this.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter