ESPN App Update Available for Download
As everyone is holding their breath for the Fall 2011 dashboard update as promised by Microsoft, the process is already underway and Microsoft has started to update the Xbox 360 exclusive apps. Last month we reported that Microsoft will be updating the ESPN app to 2.0 bringing a whole new user interface, deeper kinect integration and graphical design and here it is. ESPN 2.0 is available for download for Xbox 360 Live users.
The new app brings a lot of improvements and as told earlier it will allow you to stream HD 720p matches. The new features are listed below:
- My Sports – ESPN on Xbox LIVE now allows you to choose your favorite sports and teams and designate these channels as “My Sports,” so you can jump directly into the games and content you care most about. ESPN on Xbox LIVE will automatically provide you with a personalized daily feed of news and highlights based on “My Sports,” catching you up on only the teams and sports you care about most.
- Mini Guide – The Mini Guide gives you a preview and quick access to all the sports content you care about right at the bottom of the screen. Saturday is all about college football, and now you don’t have to miss a moment. Is another game tied up late in the fourth? Instantly switch to that game. Halftime? Play the earlier highlights.
- Split Screen – Because true sports fans want to watch more than one game at a time, ESPN on Xbox LIVE is adding Split Screen, allowing you to watch two events at once. Watch ESPN3.com live events on both screens or a live event on one while you catch up on news and highlights on the other. You can even control both screens independently, pausing and rewinding each separately so you never miss a second of the action.
- Voice Control with Kinect – Focus on your team instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the Content Guide, skip to the next highlight, or play, pause, and rewind that big play…all with the sound of your voice and the magic of Kinect..
- College Football Scoreboard – ESPN on Xbox LIVE is also adding a live college football scoreboard that you can jump to at any time. You can even use Split Screen to watch the big game on one side of your screen while the live scoreboard occupies the other, keeping you up on all the action from around the country.
- Reminders – Too many big games to keep track of in your head? Not to worry – ESPN on Xbox LIVE now lets you tag games and set reminders so you never miss a moment.
- Live Alerts – With new live alerts that surface at the bottom of the screen, ESPN on Xbox LIVE will keep you posted on score changes from around college football, even if you’re not keeping a close eye on the scoreboard.
- ESPN BottomLine – The addition of the ESPN BottomLine to ESPN on Xbox LIVE keeps you in the know with breaking news and score updates from around the world of sports.
Delivering HD-quality live events and highlights from college football, the NBA, MLB, soccer, golf, tennis and much more, ESPN on Xbox LIVE is free for Xbox LIVE Gold subscribers wherever services are offered. For additional information on ESPN on Xbox LIVE, please visit www.xbox.com/espn.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter