Escape from Tarkov Trailer Shows Stunning Gameplay Of This Online Shooter
Russian developer Battlestate Games recently announced Escape from Tarkov, described as a "hardcore MMO mixture of FPS/TPS and RPG genres".
According to the press release, the game is set in the Russian city of Tarkov, where players will work for two private military companies locked in a deadly conflict. With the city surrounded by UN and Russian forces, the goal will be to discover the mysteries of Tarkov, survive deadly hazards (such as radiation poisoning) and ultimately find a way out.
The main features of Escape from Tarkov are outlined as follows:
- Hardcore online action RPG/Simulator in a contemporary Russian setting. In Escape from Tarkov, everything hinges on the player and their ability to adapt, survive and overcome any obstruction.
- Story-oriented game advancement with unique quest elaboration. By completing missions and tasks, players not only learn the history of the Tarkov conflict, but also increase their chances to survive and escape the hot zone.
- Next-level realism. Escape from Tarkov is a combat simulator that includes a multitude of hazardous influences. Player actions are influenced by numerous factors, from character's injuries and physical state to environmental effects.
- Absolute freedom of actions and character control. the game employs 100% realistic ballistics, a full procedural effect system, absolute control of movement, interaction with environment, stealth actions and more. Escape from Tarkov also employs advanced system weapon handling and customization.
- Unique skills and character progress system. The character receives different types of experience depending on what they are doing. The player can improve more than 100 skills that are separated into 4 types: physical, cognitive, combat and practical.
- Individual game progress and choice of tactics. Raids on enemy bases, stealth operations, cooperative missions, trading, exploring, collecting resources, radio communications – in Tarkov, every player finds something for themselves.
- AI-controlled economy influenced by players. The character can barter useful resources, engage in auction activities or open their own business with subordinates and systems.
- Multitude of offline activities. Healing, trading, spying, weapons improvement and customization, management of loot stashes, researches, etc.
Some additional details were shared through an interview posted on a Russian site. The game won't have a persistent world, since the developers have opted to make this a hardcore shooter in terms of simulation. The maximum number of concurrent players will be 64, but there will be many other MMO staples such as quests, levelling, crafting, economy, social system (guilds/clans/groups) and more.
The main mode is called Raids. Here, players will be dropped in a location where they will find loot, receive experience for performing different actions and investigate the events; to successfully move to the next location, they'll have to find the exit. Another mode is called "Free Roam", with a larger hub completely open to exploration.
There are no limits to PvP, so you'll be able to kill whomever you want and take their loot, but there will be a Karma system in place to deal with Player Killers. Still, an insurance system will give you some money back for the items lost.
Battlestate Games also promised dynamic weather that will influence soldiers, random events and a lot more. To the veteran gamer it might sound too good to be true, however the team shared the first gameplay video today showing some really exciting action.
Also, Escape from Tarkov already looks great for a pre-alpha running on Unity. Check it out below and stay tuned for our coverage of this interesting project, which will have a closed beta in Q1 2016 to prepare the full release scheduled for Q2 2016 on PC & Mac.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter