Escape from Tarkov Showcased in New Batch of Screenshots
Hardcore online shooter/RPG Escape from Tarkov has been showcased in a new batch of screenshots sent out by developer Battlestate Games.
These images unveil new locations, new weapon mods, improved lighting and weather effects. The first official live stream will be announced soon.
Here's a recap on what you'll be able to do in Escape from Tarkov:
The time has come.
- Story-driven scenario based walkthrough as one of the multiplayer gamemodes. Complete raids on large scale locations with your friends or alone.
- Explore many of the unique and authentic locations of Tarkov city and it’s suburbs: citizen blocks, chemical plant area, AA military base, the heart of Tarkov city, private living zone and others in realtime weather conditions and time of day changes.
- Discover concealed locations - reserved facilities and stocks, sealed TerraGroup offices and underground warehouses.
- Find useful information and items which will help to understand what is going on in the city.
- Cooperate with ex-enemies, change the priorities to unfold the mysteries and escape from Tarkov alive.
Live through immersive combat experience.
- Behold the system module HECS - Hazardous Environment Combat Simulator.
- Feel your character via health and physical characteristics, including hydration, energy, blood pressure, bloodloss, fractures, contusion, toxication, exhaustion, tremors and so on.
- Control your character freely - smooth speed and stance changes and transitions, leaning and proning.
- Be aware of real-life ballistics and projectile hit physics.
- Get ready to feel the weapon as it is in real life. Get used to physical concepts of weapon operating - jamming, overheating, wearout, reloading, aiming, charging and, of course, shooting.
- Discover the most advanced weapon modding system ever. Change everything you want to expand your weapon’s tactical abilities.
- Interact with the environment to gain situational domination - switch lights, commence tactical entry with door interaction system.
Stay alive and pay attention.
- If you die, you’ll lose everything you took and found in a raid. Organize your backup inventory kits, use secured containers and insurance.
- Treat yourself, your gear and weapons properly. Apply the large variety of medicines to stay alive and focused. Repair your armor, firearms and cold steel. Purify water and sort out your food rations.
- Manage your inventory in a classic slot-based way. Organize and modify your chest rig like a real professional.
- Utilize special equipment like NVGs, radio headsets, ballistic vests and helmets.
- Loot fallen enemies and containers to get a vast variety of items to use and barter.
- Get experienced - earn points and level up. Near 100 unique skills to train via a repetitive actions principle.
- Cooperate with strangers or get shot by your friend in the back - there are no rules.
Beware of Scavs.
- The louder your scream - the faster they come. Get your trigger finger ready.
- Confront AI driven civilian savage scavengers (or Scavs) and play as a Scav with pre-set random gear, weapon and health condition.
- No need to worry about death - you will not lose anything from your main character.
- Get out alive while playing Scav and transfer his loot to your main character stash.
Fit in and get settled.
- Experience a large amount of non-combat activities.
- Communicate and trade with NPC merchants, gain their trust to get special goods and quests.
- Adapt to the economy, which changes in real time according to other players' operations and events, controlled by AI.
- Sell your loot in rag fairs and auctions.
- Become a trader with your own store, runners and specials.
- Work with your stash, heal your character, repair and modify weapons, examine items, chat to learn news and gossip.
- Establish your own combat group with unique abilities.