How To Enable Call Recording On Samsung Galaxy Note II (Guide)
Samsung Galaxy Note II has made quite an impression among Android users and the ever growing development community. So far, there aren't any turn-offs for this phablet – Phone with looks and feel of a tablet- and we believe that this Android device is going to rule the hearts for many days to come. For those who are unaware, Samsung Galaxy Note II is a 5.5” device with Super AMOLED touchscreen and is empowered by a whooping 1.6 GHz Quad Core processor. The phone has everything you are looking for in a device that can be your reliable and perfect travel companion.
We believe that many of you already have root on your Samsung Galaxy Note II. However, many custom ROMs of this particular Android phone do not come with a call recorded option. There are times when you want to record a conversation and its pretty frustrating when you aren’t able to locate a call recording option on your phone.
However, it is a well known fact that when it is Android, everything is almost possible. So if you have flashed a custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note II with a call recording option unavailable, then we have some great news for you.
In case you have flashed a custom ROM that is based on AOSP source code, then you can flash a simple mod via recovery to get call recording option up and running in no time. For now, this modification is only available for LJ3 and LJ7 versions.
Again, you will need to have root and an AOSP based custom ROM running on your phone to get this to work. Flashing on a device that carries incompatible OS can result in a brick or a non-permanent damage. You should only proceed further from this point if you are well-aware of all the risks involved and are ready to take responsibility for anything that goes good or bad after flashing.
Here is the step by step guide to enable call recording in Samsung Galaxy Note II rooted phones running AOSP based ROMs.
- The first step is to make sure that your phone has permanent root. You can head to the official root thread on XDA posted here and get the relevant information.
- Once you have root on your device, download and flash custom recovery followed by a ROM that is built using AOSP Android code for the device. You can find the recovery installation instructions here and head to the official Galaxy Note II Android development forum to search for an AOSP based ROM.
- After you are done flashing the ROM, download call recording mod for stock ROM and save it on your desktop for ease of access.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and move the downloaded file to your SD Card root.
- After this, disconnect your phone from the computer and reboot your phone in recovery.
- Once in the the recovery, go to Flash zip from SD Card option followed by flashing the zip file.
- After the zip file is flashed, reboot your device.
And there you go! You now have call recording capability on your Galaxy Note II phone. All credits for this modification and hack go to dr.ketan – Recognized contributor at XDA. In case you have any questions or you want to thank the mod developer in person, please head to the XDA thread posted here.